SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

jaikoz repeatedly freezing

hey,
i bought the licence couple of days ago and tried experimenting with the program… i have about 4500 songs in my library and i’m running jaikoz on a macbook pro. it’s been freezing a lot, and generally working very slowly (especially if i change the genre for multiple songs, i sometimes have to wait for several minutes for the program to respond). the program seems to be getting progressively slower as i work, and even when it freezes completely, i am nowhere near out of memory and my cpu is not fully used either. any idea what i could do to prevent this and make it run smoother?

Hmm the genre issue has already been reported, but I havent been able to reproduce the problem myself so far. I think there is a memory leak somewhere so for now it would make sense to not run Jaikoz for extended days without the occasional restart.

This usually happens within 2 or so hours after I start it. Do you think editing the library in smaller increments would help?

yes it probably would , although 4,500 files is not that many files.

Also note that Jaikoz can only use the memory allocated to it at startup, even if you have more physical memory available. So you might what to increase the max limit as described in the help , although I dont think you should need more than the default for only 4,500 files.