SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz randomly crashes

Hi,

I’m enjoying tagging my music with Jaikoz, but sometimes it randomly crashes. It’s very annoying because I lose every change since my last export, which last time was 1 hour ago.

This is the last crash log: http://pastebin.com/T943CsLG

Thanks!

Right Jaikoz crashing is a temporary problem with Jaikoz on Mavericks. The story is that with the release of OSX Mavericks it was time to use Java 7 rather than Java 6 on OSX, but unlike Windows Java 6 ->Java 7 transferred control of Java on OSX from Apple to Oracle, and the first few releases of Java 7 on OSX are a bit buggy.

We have had to move Java 8 Pre-release to fix some issues with Java 7 on OSX, but being a prepreease there are a few cracks to iron out, however the full release of Java 8 is due in March, so not long to wait.

Ah, too bad. Hopefully they will fix more issues in the meantime. Thanks Paul!

Mine seems to crash after autocorrecting. It will go as far to let me save the files (I hope) but after its done saving, the program becomes unresponsive. I don’t know if I’d say it crashes its more like it freezes. I’ve found trying to just click around and open other programs, then go back to jaikoz sometimes work but it is still really annoying because it happens every time. Hopefully the next release will fix this.

I plan for a new release of Jaikoz tomorrow