SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz or SongKong

Hi i bought Jaikoz a few days ago followed the online tut installed the musicbrainz database and have been happily tagging away…Then i came on the forum just looking around and noticed SongKong,so i gather its a newer software what are the advantages of using it and can i get a discount …

They are fairly close to the same far as end results. Jaikoz is like the power user of tagging. It gives you complete and micro control over every possible field out there and has a very large array of preferences. SongKong is more for the users that just want something to work out of the box. It is very streamlined and there are only a few options to change in it.

I like to have a lot of control over the software so I use jaikoz, however most of my friends prefer the simplicity of songkong as they are more concerned about getting the music tagged as quickly as possible and not spending much time within the software learning it.

As far as end results go, they both use very similar logic and grabs info from the same sources so the outcome is pretty much the same. One is newer than the other, but both are regularly updated and songkong is not meant to be a replacement for jaikoz. Paul is constantly updating and adding features to both of them. I think it is mainly just a matter of preference as to which one the customer prefers as they are both stellar programs!

Thanks , that is a nice summary.

Unfortunately I cannot offer a discount for purchase of both at the moment.

grengeek thanks for that insight …so im happy with Jaikoz then and as im still ploughing through using auto corrector, i havent looked too much into the program ,and as you said what i have seems endless of what you can do.My libiary is showing good results for tagging via MB and Discogs some unfortunate corrupted files and folders and it seems some with files missing but once i finish the first phase then i assume Jaikoz will help me find sort and correct everything to perfection…Thats the plan so once my libiary is done im sure ill be asking for help ideas or understanding of how all the features work.I have looked through the forums but didnt come across anything other than the online tut…

and @ paultaylor now i know the difference ill past that info on too friends as ive been recommending your app
one question is SongKong as resourceful as Jaikoz…???

Hi, if by resourceful you mean does SongKong use as much system resource as Jaikoz then the answer is no. Jaikoz needs more memory the more songs are loaded whereas SongKong processes songs in a pipeline and needs far less memory,

There is no real limit on how may songs can be processed in a single run of SongKong, although of course the likelihood of an unexpected problem ocurring increases the larger the task.

[quote=paultaylor]Hi, if by resourceful you mean does SongKong use as much system resource as Jaikoz then the answer is no. Jaikoz needs more memory the more songs are loaded whereas SongKong processes songs in a pipeline and needs far less memory,

There is no real limit on how may songs can be processed in a single run of SongKong, although of course the likelihood of an unexpected problem ocurring increases the larger the task.

[/quote]

ok ill pass that on