SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

jaikoz on red-hat 5.3 not working for me

Hi,

just downloaded the trail version to see it in action before deciding to purchase.

Using ‘Open files’ I select a single file (mp3 or flac), I get some mouse spinning for a few seconds and finally the file never shows up in jaikoz. That is, I cannot really see jaikoz in action :frowning:

thanks,

my java version
java version “1.6.0_14”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_14-b08)
Java HotSpot™ Server VM (build 14.0-b16, mixed mode)

any console logs?

Where does the file you tried to open exist? Permissions error on a NAS?

by console I’m assuming that you mean the shell from where I executed jaikoz.sh. stdout looks like this after getting the gui:

debuglogfile is:/myhome/Jaiko/Logs/jaikozdebug%u-%g.log
User Logfile is:/myhome/Jaikoz/Logs/jaikozuser%u-%g.log
23/04/2010 11.40.06:com.jthink.jaikoz.MainWindow:setupLAF:WARNING: Look and Feel from UserSettings Is:

then when I try to load a file I actually get a popup dialog (forgot to mention this in my original posting) that says it’s loading the file, shortly after the dialog goes away and I get no file on the gui. During this process the following log goes to stdout:

23/04/2010 11.40.21:com.jthink.jaikoz.monitoring.MemoryManager:addMemoryNotification:WARNING: Low memory limit is set for:PS Old Gen:633818316

the file is in my local hard disk. and i have rw permission to it (644.)

Can you run Advanced/Create Support FIlers and then email me the resultant zip file please to support at jthink dot net

support files sent.

Hi the file on your desktop (03 - major Major - Satellite.mp3) is a symbolic link that is why it has not been opened. (Jaikoz does not open symbolic links because of potential problems with opening the same file twice and some bugs in NFS , but at some point I would like to remove this restriction).

I’m not sure why the Busy Cursor is still showing , when the operation has finished, ( this may be a bug) but please just try loading real files from another location , it should work fine.

I see. the file is actually not a link itself but my whole home it is! this is the way in my linux installation. it is a real limitation not to be able to work with links.

copied the file to /tmp and now I’m getting some action…

many thanks for the quick follow up.

Rodrigo