SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz not showing / recognizing a tag

Hi!

So I encountered a FLAC file that, according to Ex Falso has an “organization” tag. For some reason MediaInfo recognizes that tag as “Producer”. I opened the file in a hex editor and it does indeed say “organization” and Jaikoz doesn’t seem to see it at all. I activated “show all” for every table but it’s nowhere to be found.

What’s going on here?

Flac uses OggVorbis comments and in theory they let you specify anything as a name/value pair but there is a standard set of names and then an additional number of names that are recognized by some applications and not others.

Jaikoz does not recognize ORGANIZATION - I think this is meant to indicate the record label, Jaikoz as with a number of other applications uses the more description LABEL instead.

Thanks! So Jaikoz simply ignores the tag’s existence. Is there a way in Jaikoz to delete all unrecognized tags or something similar?

I think almost all applications do that to some degree. There isn’t a currently a way to delete Flac fields it doesn’t known about, although there is for mp3 (id3 format files) so it is something I would like to add.

That would be nice! Thanks for responding so quickly and happy new year btw