SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz NGS doesn't find a song in MusicBrainz, but it's there

Jaikoz NGS doesn’t find a song neither with Autocorrect nor with ManuelCorrect.
here is the song name (no album spezified, no tracknumber):

Trade Martin - We’ll Be Dancing on the Moon
Tracklenght: 2:13

The song is in MusicBrainz as:
Trade Martin - We’ll Be Dancin’ on the Moon
Tracklenght: 2:16
(The song doesn’t have a PUID in MusicBrainz)

That’s sad :cry:

Ps.: That’s one answer to topic: “Update Metadata from existing MB Id doesn’t work with Jaikoz NGS like before” where you wrote:
But why not just correct the artist/title and then run ManualCorrect on just that file …
but before I had to find that file in MusicBrainz, so I can do what you recommend.

[quote=Alfg]Jaikoz NGS doesn’t find a song neither with Autocorrect nor with ManuelCorrect.
here is the song name (no album spezified, no tracknumber):

Trade Martin - We’ll Be Dancing on the Moon
Tracklenght: 2:13

The song is in MusicBrainz as:
Trade Martin - We’ll Be Dancin’ on the Moon
Tracklenght: 2:16
(The song doesn’t have a PUID in MusicBrainz)
[/quote]
It fails because the match on track title fails because of difference between Dancing Dancin’ , and because there is no album or puid no other matches can be performed.

But Jaikoz is using the wrong query it shouldnt be so restrictive, so I have now fixed this for next release.

When you run Manual Correct and it gives no results, you can then use the search button at the right handside of the window to find the right track, and then you select the track in the browser using the ‘Tag’ icon and manual correct picks it up.

However Musicbrainz NGS has broken the ‘Tag’ icon stuff. Im going to try and get this fixed. But the longer term and better solution is for the search button to not open a browser window but a window within Jaikoz whereby you can do any search you like and pick the selected match.

The problem with the Update from Metadata solution that you proposed that I didnt consider at the time is that Update can be run on thousands of files at a time, so how you can you display a meaningful list of matches in this situation ?

Less restrictive search and Replacement for the search in Manual Tag both in Fixed in 4.1.0 NGS Beta.

Paul,
I checked this again, when I added a new CD to MusicBrainz. You can look at http://musicbrainz.org/release/42cf69b3-5f63-45e8-aff4-f17f1d57d61a
If you click on track 1,4,7 and 12 you can see, that the matches are really good. And these are the matches Jaikoz founded with Autocorrect. I wrote down the trackNo of the matched songs by autocorrect and made these changes manually on the Recording Page, when adding this release.

Maybe Jaikoz is now too restrictive or it’s an error in the program.

Im not sure that I can check this without the original files, or at least your support files with debugging set to -l7 before attempting a match.