SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz NGS doesn't collect Artwork from MusicBrainz

At least for Album: Crescent City Soul: Sound of New Orleans (Disc 2)
MBID: \t23b53fac-6b0a-4923-b8bd-ea6c1cc39f61
The song in question was “Dave Bartholomew - Who Drank My Beer While I Was in the Rear”
In MusicBrainz there is an Artwork and Jaikoz 3.x collected it.

Musicbrainz stores ASINs for some songs, sometimes ASINS can be looked up directly to find a corresponding Artwork from Amazon but sometimes it cannot. Musicbrainz uses the Amazon API to lookup songs and this provides a mapping to some artwork which cant be worked out by the ASIN alone, but to use this API you have to be selling Amazon wares. I have thought about adding an Amazon buy link which may allow me to use the API, but since I have support for Discogs artwork this didn’t seem so neccessary

Paul,
I tried it with about 30 songs, which had Artworks colleceted before (through Jaikoz earlier version), deleted the Artwork and made an “Update metadata from existing MusicBrainz ID” and no Artwork were found!!!

Then I deleted the MB Unique Id and the MB Release Id and then started “Autocorrect Medadata from MusicBrainz”. All songs were found in MusicBrainz, but again no Artwork were found.

And I’m not the only one: http://www.jthink.net/jaikozforum/posts/list/3806.page

There was a bug in Musicbrainz with how advanced relationships are stored, fixing this then broke Jaikoz, Jaikoz is now fixed so will work in 4.0.1 out today or tomorrow.