SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz moving files that havent been matched to album

Please explain me how to AUTOMATICALLY identify complete albums, move all the matched albums to a predefined location and rename sub-folders and filenames.

I actually use the following configuration:

Preferences -> remote correct -> match

Prefer do not match to Various Artist compilations: ON
Prefer do not match to Single Artist compilations: OFF
Prefere to match Albums instead of Singles and EPs: ON
Only match complete releases: ON

Preferences -> Manipulators -> Autocorrector -> Autocorrector Tasks
Correct Metadata from MusicBrainz
Save and Move if Matched

Result: All files, even if they are not part of a complete album, get moved to the predefined folder. Why?

Can you please email support at jthink dot net your support files (Advanced/Create Support Files) because what you are saying doesn’t seem to tally with how Jaikoz works.

The Only match complete releases option is slightly confusingly named. When you start Correct Metadata from Musicbrainz Jaikoz groups the songs into what it think are potential releases, then if you have this option enabled Jaikoz will only match the songs if all the songs in the group can be matched to one release. However this doesn’t have to be a complete release ,i.e. say you have 7 songs of a release but the release is actually 8 songs it would be silly if Jaikoz didnt match all your songs to that release just because you only had 7 of the 8 songs.

However this isn’t what is really causing the issue, the problem is how Jaikoz decides to group songs, they are grouped both on the value of their artist/album metadata and the name of the subfolder they are in, so a particular song can be in more than one group. And in your case I think you are hitting a problem with various artist releases that the songs are being added to both the various artist release and a single release just consisting of the song

i.e here is an extract of the log

04/03/2012 01.12.50:com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.matchinghelper.AlbumArtistKey:musicbrainzMapAlbumsToTracks:SEVERE: Grouping:17645140:various artists/atmospheric drum and bass vol. 6:19 songs
04/03/2012 01.12.50:com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.matchinghelper.AlbumArtistKey:musicbrainzMapAlbumsToTracks:SEVERE: Grouping:7806505:60 minute man/atmospheric drum and bass vol. 6:1 songs

looks like song has been put into two groups, and because one group consists of one song that song can be matched to just to that song even though you have ‘Only match Complete Releases’

So what is the solution, if you have your songs organised on the hard drive as one album per folder (as I think you do) then if you enable Preferences:Remote Correct:Group Songs By Folder Only then songs will only be grouped by folder, so you’'ll only get

04/03/2012 01.12.50:com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.matchinghelper.AlbumArtistKey:musicbrainzMapAlbumsToTracks:SEVERE: Grouping:17645140:various artists/atmospheric drum and bass vol. 6:19 songs

and get matches to complete releases.

The only trouble is you have Prefer do not match to Various Artist compilations enabled, it is unlikely that songs that you currently have stored as a various artist album will be able to be matched to a single album with the group by folders option only you may have to change the options and do another pass just for the compilation releases.

Hope this helps, and I will have a think about how I could improve the logic or whether another option is needed

Paul