SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz Mac & Yosemite

Hello

I upgraded by Mac to Yosemite (10.10) yesterday and Jaikoz runs but it’s very very slow.

Is a more Yosemite compatible upgrade in the pipeline?

Thanks

Hmm, I’m currently working on major update of Jaikoz that will mean it uses the Jthink Music server rather than the MusicBrainz server directly. One I finish that work (about 2 weeks) I will take a look at Yosemite.

This is a recurring problem with OSX, with Windows updates there has never been a problem but unfortunately Apple make things difficult for developers, I ma however surprised that Yosemite is causing such a problem, is anyone else seeing this, and has anyone SongKong on Yosemite yet ?

Hi,
I am facing the same issue. Additionally it seems the find duplicate (60k) songs based on Acustic ID only seems to take ages respectively not work. After a day the progress bar still seems to be near zero.

Another issue: how to increase the memory the described procedure does not work, as there is no line in the parameters? What are the default values if no memory parameters are given?

Hi, these are all separate issues please post different questions on different posts.

Jaikoz 8 has been thoroughly tested with Yosemite and working properly, (earlier versions of Jaikoz had an earlier version of Java 1.8 that had a few problems on Yosemite)