SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz keeps looking up metadata after autocorrect finishes

Running Jaikoz 10.1.2 (1168) on Windows 10.

I’m running Autocorrect on a Vivaldi box set of 66 CDs, 1415 tracks all at once. Autocorrect completes, i.e. the progress window closes itself and Jaikoz bongs. I started manually editing some fields, but the Jaikoz window was scrolling of its own accord, and metadata I changed manually was changing itself back on its own. I restarted and tried again, same issue. I then noticed fairly heavy Jaikoz network traffic – 0 to about 3Mbps – after Autocorrect completion. It went on for about 15 minutes after Autocorrect completion, connecting to various servers. Then CPU, disk, and network activity went to zero, as I’d expect.

Looking at the log files, there were problems connecting to MusicBrainz and, indeed, during AutoCorrect, it sat at the MusicBrainz phase for a long time with no success, and then moved on to Discogs.

I think that it’s a bug for Jaikoz to continue processing metadata updates after it signals completion of the process.

It shouldnt’t do that.

When you say you are running Autocorrect on 1415 files tracks does that mean you only have 1415 tracks loaded in to Jaikoz, or do you have many more loaded ?

I loaded 1415 tracks and did not select a subset for autocorrect. This strange behavior persisted across four or five attempts to autocorrect all 1415 tracks, from yesterday evening (East Coast US time) to today when I posted this issue. I watched Jaikoz maintain several several connections for 15 or so minutes after autocorrect finished on two occasions today. I’ve since then autocorrected a 1239 track load of a different box set, and the issue didn’t arise, i.e. CPU, disk, and network access went to zero shortly after autocorrect finished and I could see it drop its various server connections shortly after autocorrect finished. Maybe it was a one-off glitch.

1 Like

Okay good, if you run Advanced:Create Support Files and email it to support@jthink.net then that would help us to identify original issue.