SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz - Java Question on MacOS

If I look in the app bundle. there is a directory called Plugins with jdk 1.8.0_192.jdk in it. That directory has a bunch of dynamic load libraries in it.

Thats right, maybe you have broken something my attempting to remove Java. I would suggest you reinstall Jaikoz and then try and run jaikoz.sh

Sadly - same result. I even tried running directly from the disk image - same result.

I have another machine where Jaikoz does work. However, if I follow your instructions and run sh ./jaikoz.sh in the app directory, I get the same “no java runtime …” message and nothing happens. Note that Jaikoz does load correctly by double clicking the app itself. Also, on the other machine java -version gives the same error. I tried putting sudo in front of the command - same result.

That wierd, what does

ls -l /usr/bin/java

give

On the machine where Jaikoz will not load …

lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 74 4 May 2019 /usr/bin/java -> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/java

On the machine where it runs OK

lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 74 16 Jan 2019 /usr/bin/java -> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/java

Identical!

Paul,

I have just installed Jaikoz on a 3rd (much older hardware) Mac (without the T2 chip, for instance). The installation works and Jaikoz works as it should. However, the shell command that you sent does not work on this one either. As with the others java -version returns a link to Oracle.

Okay.maybe it only works on mine now because dev machine, but I don’t have a none dev machine to test on. Maybe broke when MacOS Java moved from Apples responsibility to Oracles, anyway that was purely for testing so not a major issue.

But I don’t know why your machine doesn’t work with Jaikoz, can you update the OS that may fix it.

Hi Paul,

There is nothing that I can update on this Mojave install on the iMac pro. At this point I am not going to Catalina for various unrelated reasons. I will be able to work just fine using the successful installation on the Mac Mini Pro (identical Mojave installation). When I do ultimately migrate to Catalina, I will test the iMac Pro again.

Thanks for all your help.