SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz isnt computing PUID

Hi. I tried to delete some dupes from my library. I was wondered when some tracks has no PUID… then im not able to do dupe check, because there is used MB a PUID identifiers with AND operator.

I found that i can toggle into acoustid and MB option, but i was wonder is that bug ? PUID should be filled.

When i change PUID and MB in settings to Acoustid and MB no change in filters menu. Im expecting that change with my new values too.

Puids havent been computed in Jaikoz since September 2011 , the system was replaced by Acoustid, the Musicbrainz database now has more songs linked to acoustid then puids.

I left some puid options in Jaikoz so you could make use of existing puids , but you cannot create puids. The puid service was withdrawn when AmpliFIND was purchased by Gracenote.

Oh i remeber now :slight_smile:
Ok, it still does not change the fact that i cant filter out dupes with

Filters>Filter Duplicate with MB and PUID

I supposed that change when i change values in Preferences>Local Correct>Duplicates

Should be possible look at this ? Or just add another option if PUIDs are deprecated but still used. Thanks Paul

Are you saying Filter Duplicate MB and Puid should be replaced by Filter Duplicate MB and Acoustid ?

If so I agree.

I agree too, but delete duplicate option should copy settings in Preferences>Local Correct>Duplicates . But if AcID and MBid is enough then let it be.

I don’t get what you mean.

Ok let see pictures.

I suppose this preference and menu should be linked and not hardcoded to PUID and MB

Ah, okay before we had Acoustids and before a Recording Id could be linked to more than one release the only duplicate options we had were:

Duplicate Recording Id
Duplicate Puid
Duplicate Puid and Recording Id

and those three options all have equivalent filters in:

Filters/Filter Puids/Duplicate Puids
Filters/Filter MusicBrainz Recording Ids/Duplicate Recording Id
Filters/Filter Duplicate Mb and Puid

But then in NGS the waters were muddied because Recording Ids could now be linked to multiple releases, so I had to introduce Release Id to the duplicate options

Then Acoustids were introduced, and Puids are getting phased out

But the filters options havent been updated to include all these.

So the questions going forward are ( and open to anyone to discuss):

1. Should we just have one duplicate filtering option that matches the duplicate or do we need a filter for each possible option.
  2. Do we need to keep filtering options and Delete Duplicates options for puids or can all reference to puids be removed.

Don’t remove the options for PUID as long as Picard uses it.

I forgot to say the main Picard developer wants to remove puids from Picard in the next version, but yes you are right.

I think its better to do that more granular. Everybody has different demands. This is more free than predefined RULE1 AND RULE2 AND RULE3 that you cant change. I prefer to combine filters freely. Its more natural than one predefined filter.

I agree with alfg. Maybe for historical reason ( internet archeologists :slight_smile: ) dont delete that. If Musicbrainz is not using it anymore it will be good to delete that redudant information too.