SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz is very slow

Jaikoz seems very slow. I have run autocorrect on ~15k files and it has taken over 24 hours so far!

Given that I have paid for the product I feel I am getting very little for my money.

Sounds like a problem with your internet router/firewall causing unneccesary delays it shoudn’t be that slow. Try running a test on 100 files with the firewall on/off and compare speed.

I’m running Linux so I’m not behind a firewall. One of my boxes is Fedora (an old installation) and my laptop is running XUbuntu (reasonably recent version). My internet connection is fine, so I have now reason to suspect that it is a service provide issue.

The “slow” bit seems to be “Retrieve Acoustic Ids”

Connecting to MusicBrainz is fast.

I’ve just glanced at the terminal output, it includes “musicDNS servers cannot be reached right now”

Jaikoz has always run slow for me (over last 2-3 weeks), so presumably it cannot be an isolated server issue. Moreover, it has been running slow for over 24 hours.

This also suggests there is a need to modify Jaikoz – silently reporting ~15k errors is pointless! The GUI should notify the user of the issue and ask if they wish to skip the current step. Moreover, having a “skip task” in the AutoCorrector dialogue would be a nice touch.

EDIT: The following also seems to be effecting me http://www.nabble.com/More-Error-503-on-Musicbrainz-lookups-td21972875s2885.html

Did you try my sugestion of disabling the firewall, in case it is preventing connecting to MusicDns on its ideal port, can you send your logs (Action/Create Support FIles) so I can get a full picture of this.

I wonder if this is my issue:

http://www.jaikoz.net/jaikozforum/posts/list/795.page

Which is quite frankly ridiculous! Okay, mistakes happen, but this is why people are buying your software! Moreover, why weren’t customers who bought licenses around this time notified?

That was only a very temporary problem , fixed in 2.8.4 soon after. When you start Jaikoz it should inform you if there is a later version, what version are you on?

I was on 2.8.2 on my desktop (1gb ram) and 2.8.4 on my laptop (512mb ram and slow processor). I was experiencing the problem on my desktop (Jaikoz v2.8.2). Although my laptop struggles with Jaikoz - but I think this is a spec issue.

When I started Jaikoz I was indeed informed that there was a newer version available – however, I don’t typically keep up with the latest version of non-mission critical software (I don’t have the time).

EDIT: I have just installed the latest version of Jaikoz, I will keep you up to date with my progress.

Congratulations on the support front Paul! These forums suggest you are incredibly dedicated to this project. Hopefully I am experiencing one-off problems.

[quote=bugmenot]Congratulations on the support front Paul! These forums suggest you are incredibly dedicated to this project. Hopefully I am experiencing one-off problems. [/quote]As a Jaikoz user myself, I think you just happened to hit a bad patch of issues releated to the 2.8.x releases. Jaikoz has otherwise been quite good.

There is no doubt it would be frustrating and given you entered at that point in time, I can understand the opinion you formed. I can assure you this is not typical. I hope your experiences improve from here.

Christian