SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz is already running, you cannot run another copy of Jaikoz on the same computer

I have happily been using the program for some time. I tried to open it up today, and a pop-up box immediately warns me: “Jaikoz is already running, you cannot run another copy of Jaikoz on the same computer.” Jaikoz then shuts down. This happens even if Jaikoz is the first program that I try to start after I boot up, so I don’t see how the computer can be trying to run more than one copy simultaneously. How do I fix this?

(Paul: FYI, the popup box actually contains a typo: it says “… you canot run…”

Hi, this can happen if a database lock is not cleared properly when Jaikoz shutsdown. You need to go to your Jaikoz folder and delete the Jaikozdb/db.lck file, if this doesnt work delete the whole contents of jaikozdb.

On Vista the Jaikoz folder will probaly be in c:\users\dennis\Jaikoz, on OSX it should be Home:Library:Preferences:Jaikoz

I’ll try this tonight when I get home. Thanks for the fast response- you rock.

On an unrelated note, how should I tweak my settings to make it more likely that Jaikoz picks up duplicate files? On many occasions, Jaikoz is failing to identify files as being duplicates even though they have the same title, artist, album, etc., and I am pretty sure that they resulted from the same file having been imported into iTunes more than once.

By default Delete Duplicates finds duplicates based on them having the same Musicbrainz id, so it wont work until you have run the Autocorrecter and matched your files in Musicbrainz, have you done this ?

Alternatively in Preferences/Local Correct/Delete Duplicates/File is a duplicate can be changed to matching on Acoustic id instead, as long as they have acoustic id this will pretty much guarantee identifying duplicates when encoded from the same source.

Make sure you save your changes, delete duplicates marks file for deletions but none are actually deleted until you save changes.