SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz freezing when saving albums and multidisc albums

Yes please, so just I can double check this.

Sent. If I need to do anything else, I’ll have to wait until tonight (I’m on EST, unless it’s a question involving something else other than doing it again until I have access at home) as I am terrible at getting ready for work.

Thanks again.

Hmm , okay thanks.

So if I have this right it freezes if you run Match To MusicBrainz first and then do Force Save, but it is okay if you have Force Save on its own, and we have removed File renaming and Virus checker as possible culprits.

Only thing I can think of at the moment is does Match to MusicBrainz add new artwork ?

No rush but if you could do the following. Disable add artwork by settings MusicBrainz:Format:Artwork to Never Alter and RemoteCorrect:Discogs:Artwork to Never Alter

Then

• Reload Files
  • Run Match To Specified MusicBrainz Release
  • Force Save

Does it still freeze ?

Will through on the art preferences tonight. Your explanation seems to summarize what we have done so far.

Just to clarify, however, the art is not present at that particular musicbrainz entry. Will adjust the preferences tonight, but will that matter? To be clear, I generally go find the art and add it. I won’t be even adding it this time, correct, just to check this issue?

Okay, make sure the artwork column is displayed in main edit window, do the Match to MuscBrainz Release task, is the artwork column modified ?

If so make the changes I specified, if nothing changed well then yes its not going to make any difference and there is no point doing it.

So if that is not the case two suggestions I have are:

1. Do you have another computer you can try it on ?
  2. You can download Jaikoz 10 for Windows from http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/manualdownload-10_1_2/jaikoz-windows64.exe?val=168 - but if you do this because you are downgrading you need to properly uninstall Jaikoz 11 first.

Changes have been made to preferences and preferences have been saved. Ran Match to Specified Release. Force Save has been run. It still freezes.

The artwork column is ALWAYS displayed in main edit window. In what way is the art window supposed to look modified? It doesn’t seem to appear any different than before, but I am not sure what I am supposed to be looking for. I didn’t add the art after the fact. It did seem to go further in the save process this time than last time but I don’t know if that is coincidental.

Support files on the way asap.

Not yet. I plan on purchasing another laptop for an additional purpose, a used one for cheap, but I don’t have it yet.

Just in case, how do I properly uninstall this version first? Are there additional things I need to delete or is this just the windows Uninstall?

It was to prevent Match to MusicBrainz adding artwork, if the files already have the artwork then doesn’t make any difference. I am surprised that if MusicBrainz is not adding artwork just simple text data how that would make any issue when saving.

Okay I think we should go back to Jaikoz 10 and see if the problem continues.

Do standard uninstall should be all that is required.

Will do. Thank you for all of your help.

The thing with this particular multi disc album, though, was that musicbrainz has no artwork. It’s rare, but it does happen. In this case, I was adding it after the match. This time I didn’t.

Ok, probably not relevant but it would help me if you actually mention these things a bit earlier, I cant see everything you do just from looking at the logs.

Apologies. I do remember stating that when you asked me to do this yesterday.

No problems occurred whatsoever. The album saved without the added (compilation) added to it, which was odd. I am not sure where that came from, but it doesn’t exist in the musicbrainz entry. There were no stalls or freezes and everything worked like it normally does. I did everything as I normally do except force save. That still leaves me with the frequent issue of not being avble to match an existing entry to discogs or musicbrainz, which is now happening again on another multidisc collection. Is there a fix for that, and should I assume it is only my issue?

Im still flummoxed this hasn’t happened to anyone else.

This being the freezing issue.

Okay so I guess it is good that version 10 is workign for you. Im a little confused when you

Since that was the step that caused the freeze, so it would be good if you actually ran the test as we have done previously to check for sure it is working, but from what you say sounds like it is going to work.

That is a different issue which I haven’t addressed as I have been trying to identify the cause of the freeze issue, please create a new forum topic for this issue, give details and after the failed match run Create Support Files so I can see the details.

What I need you to do is try Jaikoz 11 on a different computer, and I think that will then confirm to you the issue is specific to your computer, but since you have totally disabled the virus checker I am totally out of ideas what the problem could be.

Did you want me to find another multidisc set and run it and force save and send you the files, just to check? I’m having zero issues.

Also, the failed multi disc match will need to wait for something that will consistently do it. Fiddling and restarting the machine is doing something. Nothing that you’ll read as consistent.

I was hoping you would rerun the existing test that consistently failed with Jaikoz 11, I am not clear if you have run the test on Jaikoz 10 with the same boxset and the same match to MusicBrainz step and then Force Save

Other than that the next step is to try Jaikoz 11 on another computer, perhaps you could ask a friend if you don’t have another computer one to check if the issue is specific to your computer or not.

I actually don’t have any friends that live close. I can download the box set again because I managed to run it all with the old version with no glitches* and rerun our test and force save. I’ll let you know.

I’m getting a new to me computer in a few months for something specific. I’ll download 11 again and test it there.

• I’ve been incredibly nervous with several tracks in several folders and afraid they would get lost.

A post was split to a new topic: Jaikoz not matching box sets