SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz fails to start

Jaikoz was working on my computer for some time but recently with the latest version and the one before it fails to start. OS is Windows 11. I’ve reinstalled, deleted folders in users etc. Debug shows the following error. Any help would be appreciated.

09/03/2022 19.17.40:com.jthink.jaikoz.EventDispatchThreadExceptionHandler:handle:SEVERE: Serious error has occurred
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class javax.swing.UIManager
at java.desktop/javax.swing.JLabel.updateUI(JLabel.java:270)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.JLabel.(JLabel.java:162)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.JLabel.(JLabel.java:192)
at com.jthink.jaikoz.guielement.AbstractMessagePopupDisplayer.displayDialog(AbstractMessagePopupDisplayer.java:194)
at com.jthink.jaikoz.guielement.ErrorMessagePopupDisplayer.display(ErrorMessagePopupDisplayer.java:48)
at com.jthink.jaikoz.EventDispatchThreadExceptionHandler$2.run(EventDispatchThreadExceptionHandler.java:79)
at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:316)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:770)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:721)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:715)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:391)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:85)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:740)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:203)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:124)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:90)

Hmm, this doesn’t make alot of sense, how are you actually running Jaikoz are you seeing this in a Dos Window or this output coming from jaikoz-debug0-0.log ?

Yeah that’s from the debug log.

I’m just running it like default install.

When I launch Jaikoz it just fails to start.

I’m at a bit of a loss on how to figure this out.

Okay please email support@jthink.net the c:\Users\username\Jaikoz\settings.properties file

Then I know you said you have already done this but please try deleting c:\Users\username\Jaikoz and then restarting

If still failing then uninstall Jaikoz 11.2 and the reinstall 11.0.6 from
https://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/manualdownload-11-0-6/jaikoz-windows64.exe?val=168 to check that still works for you

Thank you to Paul for working with me to fix the issue with my computer.

The issue was NVDA screen reader didn’t disable assistive technologies when uninstalled. Posting in case it will help other users in the future.

1 Like

I asked johnas to install SongKong and try running that because the SongKong binary opens up a Dos command window and that showed an error that pointed towards the solution.

FYI: Had to install SongKong because the JaikozDebug binary is meant to open up a Dos Window but doesn’t because of a bug in the Java Oracle Installer, and that bug is also the reason why SongKong exe shows the debug window and you have to run SongKongGui exe to run without the debug window.