SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz Duplicate my songs

I just instal the latest version of Jaikoz today. I wanted to do a “refresh” of all the metadata of my library to catch new and more up to date metadata.

I had iTunes and Jaikoz open. I am mentioning iTunes because it could be relevent but i don’t know why this happened. I draged and droped the root folder of my music lib and started and autocorrect on them.

When it finished I realized that pretty much all of my music got duplicated at the same place. by that i mean i have now twice the same song but the duplicate have been added a “1” at the end.

What is also strange is that even if I didn’t save the file modifications both of the file have the same timestamp for the created, modified and last open field in the finder ( i am on osx 10.8). It worries me that even thought i didn’t save the modification it actually modified the file even with the duplication, one file should have a older created, last opened and modified timestamp.

What is going on? and what caused it?

Hi, if you just want to update of the metadata you should use Update Metadata from Musicbrainz, not Autocorrect. Jaikoz will not save any changes to file s unless you have configured this as a task in the Autoocorrector.

Im guessing that you have iTunes setup to organize media, and its moving files because of a change or maybe reimporting them but its rather difficult without any support files, please email them to support@jthink.net

Thanks for Logs, here is a summary from the logs of what Jaikoz did

Loaded 2751 songs
Ran Autocorrecter on all the songs, of which 2,725 were successfully matched to Musicbrainz
Ran Delete Duplicates and found 1526 duplicate songs
Then closed all files without saving and chnages or deletions
The loaded /Volumes/Multimedia/iTunes/Music/A. R. Rahman (26 songs)
Ran delete Duplicates, found all songs were duplicated
Save changes , so 13 of the 26 were moved.

So Jaikoz did not save any changes except for the A. R. Rahman folder. And you can see that when you first ran Jaikoz it found ALOT of duplicates, so its clear that the 2751 files already contained duplicates they werent created by Jaikoz.

But what would be interesting to find out is when the duplicates were created, I wonder if maybe when you dragged the iTunes folder onto Jaikoz that perhaps you didnt do this quite right, and you actually dragged it to itself first and made a copy, or perhaps you already had the duplicates. The easiest way to find out is simply look at the Date Created column of the files in Finder.

As for cleaning manually, why don’t you just run Delete Duplicates again on the files in Jaikoz, and then save changes this time.

Paul

EDIT:Just realized that you have already told me the duplicate creation date, well I assume that creation date is earlier than the date you ran Jaikoz so doesnt show the files already existed.

This just happened to me also. I just ripped a 2 CD’s and wanted to get the album artwork, using Jaikoz it capitalized some names but didn’t find the artwork for cd #1 but did for CD #2. So I saved and then closed the files.

The itunes listing of CD #2 was correct and contained the new artwork, but the old names and new names for CD #1 were both there. The new duplicate listings corresponded to the time of the save. When I opened the duplicate songs in finder they are the same audio file, listed twice now in itunes with the imported names and the new Jaikoz edited names. I hesitate to delete duplicates because I don’t want to lose the audio file.

I also restarted itunes and my computer. Still there.

Interesting also, the date added time on all tracks of CD #1 are the same as the time I saved, but CD #2 retained the actual date added times when they were ripped.

So I sent to trash the corrected songs and it sent the files to the trash, itunes was willing to play them from the trash, but I put them in a desktop folder, deleted all the song listing from itunes then simply imported them to itunes. The retained the Jaikoz corrected information, and now of course are only listed once.

So to clarify the files were not actually duplicated on disk, there is only one copy of each on disk. But they are duplicated within iTunes, i.e. there are two references to the same file within iTunes.

It sounds like Jaikoz was unable to find a reference to the files in cd1 within the iTunes xml file and therefore added the files again to iTunes as if they were new files rather than just updating the files. Not sure why it couldn’t find them but you can protect yourself against this problem by unchecking

Preferences:Save:iTunes AutoUpdate:Add New Tracks not Currently in iTunes to iTunes