SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz deletes files & folders on NAS if UNC path is incorrect

I have been using Jaikoz to correct a myriad of folders I have butchered over the years. During the process I noted some files never end up in the destination where it was supposed to be.

I have a Windows 10 machine, with Jaikoz 9.3.0 NGS Build 1162. My files are on a NAS called QNAP2. The files was in a folder called \\QNAP2\Media\UnsortedMusic\D\Die Klipwerf Boereorkes\ with various subfolders

I corrected the metadata, artwork etc and the sentence casing. I then used the Correct Foldername from MetaData and also Correct Filename from Metadata. For some reason Jaikoz corrected the Base Folder to \qnap2\media\unsortedmusic\d\ and the Sub Folders to Die Klipwerf Boereorkes\Sub 1 etc

On saving, it obviously could not find the destination, but instead of displaying an error message, it saved it to “nowhere”, with the result being the files were deleted from my NAS. Fortunately I have a Network Recycle Bin and found the files there. I have done thousands of files prior to this, and I have seen they have all ended up being “deleted” instead of saved to their new destination.

:shock: :shock:

Hi, you need to mount the NAS drive to prevent this e.g \\QNAP2 mounted as Z:\ - this is a known problem for certain audio formats that needs fixing, however I dont think it delete the files it actually copies them to root i.e \\QNAP losing the subfolders.

Hi Paul, for a variety of reasons (mostly to do with file permissions getting screwed up when both mapping a drive and working on UNC paths or even directly on the NAS on the same files) I do not use drive mapping anymore on Windows 10. It has caused me endless headaches.

It did not “delete” the files directly, but copied/moved it to a non-existent path on the NAS without error-checking.

This removed it from the file system which caused them to end up in the Network Recycle Bin (no copies anywhere else). Had I not had the NRB switched on, they would have been gone.

I did a test after I posted my issue here, and took a screenshot as it was saving the files, and as it copies you can see it drops the \\ at the front of the base path of the UNC as it saves.

I tried to attach a screenshot, but your server throws an exception error

Its need fixing, but all I can suggest for now is to use drive mappings (and solve yor permissions issue). Yes there is a problem on forum with attaching images, yo can email me the image as Im not clear how it moved to a non-existent path, I have only seen it moved to an existing \\ path.