SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz - Create subfolders hierarchy

I’m trying to “Save and Move” my corrected songs to a file folder I previously created.
I just want to save and move the songs without creating any additional folders.
So when finished all I want to see are the 8 or so songs that I updated in the folder I previously created and no other sub folders that are being created now.
I’ve unchecked the “Create subfolders hierarchy” box but it still creates 2 folders under the the folder I put it in. If checked it creates 3 folders.
What am I missing?
Thanks
Steve

What are the two / three folders created, difficult to say without more info.

It creates a new folder with artist name (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
Then a second (sub) folder copying the original folder name of (Lynyrd Skynyrd - God & Guns (2009) [FLAC])
I have the initial (Lynyrd Skynyrd) folder created already and want the new folder to be the Album Year and Album title (2009 - God & Guns) where the individual flac files reside.
Obviously I’m doing something wrong.

Could you run Advanced:Create Support Files please and then email the zip file created to support@jthink.net please.

Okay I have had a look at your logs and I think I know the problem, a filename is made up of three parts
BaseFolder + SubFolder + Filename, when you select Save and Move the folder you select is going to replace the Base Folder part.

So in your case Base Folder should be U:\UnDone_Music and you should select M:\MyMusic, this should then move

U:\UnDone_Music\Lynyrd Skynyrd\Lynyrd Skynyrd - God & Guns (2009) [FLAC]\02.Simple Life.flac

to

M:\MyMusic\Lynyrd Skynyrd\Lynyrd Skynyrd - God & Guns (2009) [FLAC]\02.Simple Life(1).flac

but I think you are selecting M:\MyMusic\Lynyrd Skynyrd and therefore it will move the file to

M:\MyMusic\Lynyrd Skynyrd\Lynyrd Skynyrd\Lynyrd Skynyrd - God & Guns (2009) [FLAC]\02.Simple Life(1).flac

Or the problem maybe that the Base Folder /Sub Folder split is not set correctly for your songs, ensure these two columns are enabled and that Base Folder only contains U:\UnDone_Music, if it contains U:\UnDone_Music\Lynyrd Skynyrd then you need to to use Action:File and Folder Correct:Shift Base Folder to Sub Folder to shift the Lynyrd Skynyrd folder from the Base Folder into the Sub Folder column