SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz can't start

I installed the trial of Jaikoz. When I start it, I get the following error:
“Unable to Start Jaikoz: java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Table/View ‘ARTWORK’ does not exist.”

This is on a Mac running 10.6.2 and iTunes 9.0.2 (25).
java version “1.6.0_17”

Any ideas?

[quote=dsayed]I installed the trial of Jaikoz. When I start it, I get the following error:
“Unable to Start Jaikoz: java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Table/View ‘ARTWORK’ does not exist.”

This is on a Mac running 10.6.2 and iTunes 9.0.2 (25).
java version “1.6.0_17”

Any ideas?[/quote]

http://www.jthink.net/jaikozforum/posts/list/1199.page

I’m running Mac OS 10.6.2 and I get an “unable to start Jaikoz” error (no details).

I’m a registered user and was upgrading from the last version. Based on the I’ve deleted the Jaikozdb, which didn’t work.

I then deleted all of the Jaikoz info I could find (except the license file, which I moved temporarily). I then deleted the trash bin, and then reinstalled the app.

I still get the “unable to start.” I have the log file attached if that will help.

Thanks, Robert

So , this looks like an incompatability with your Mac system, I’m devising a workaround that I will make available as beta, if anybody else hits this issue let me know.

I am getting the same issue as magellancrew. I upgraded to the latest version and now get the same “unable to start Jaikoz” error. I tried to find a log file but didn’t see one. I’m running Mac OSX 10.6.2 as well.

ottok

It may not be the same underlying cause so please:

Start Utilities/Console
Select File/Open Console Log
The File/Save a Copy as and save to an easy place to find
Select File/Open System Log
The File/Save a Copy as and save to an easy place to find
Send me both the same files

Well, now it starts fine. I had 3.4.4 installed, and it wasn’t starting like I said earlier.

So to do something that I needed to do, I used TimeMachine to downgrade to 3.4.3.

Ran fine and did what I needed.

Saw your reply, so I reinstalled 3.4.4 after downloading it again.

And it started just fine. I’ve quit and reloaded it a couple of times and it starts fine.

(When I left the first reply to this topic, 3.4.4 failed repeatedly to start. Go figure.)

At least it working now, thats the main thing.

I am a new subscriber running Mac OS X 10.6.3
I am experiencing this exact problem after downloading from you website today.
I have heard great things about Jaikoz and am looking forward to using it myself.
Cheers

Which error, if its this one

[quote] I installed the trial of Jaikoz. When I start it, I get the following error:
[/quote]
The solution is Issue 1 at

http://www.jaikoz.net/jaikozforum/posts/list/1246.page