SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz cannot open audiobooks with chapters

Licensed Jaikoz 3.7.1 (and 3.8.0 Beta 2) on OSX 10.6.4 -

I saw this notice from quite a few versions ago that Jaikoz had acquired support for .m4b format audiobooks:

http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/news/build1057.jsp

However, I cannot open any of my .m4b files that contain chapters. When I try to open the files with Jaikoz, I get the error message “The following files appear to be video files, Jaikoz does not support video files”. This is true for homemade audiobooks built with Audiobook Builder and Join Together as well as those from iTunes store.

Presumably the error dialog appears because Jaikoz sees the text track with chapter times/titles and (if it exists) the video track with chapter artwork. Does this inability to handle multiple tracks derive from a limitation of the underlying MP4 library? If not, please consider this a feature request for chaptered .m4b support. Thanks.

Hi, Jaikoz isn’t really designed for audio books - but its something I will look at.

Fair enough - I though it might be a bit of an edge case. I collect a lot of radio programmes into audiobooks, and the grid interface of Jaikoz is a bit more convenient for tagging than doing them one-by-one in iTunes.