SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz base folder scanning halts

Hi everyone !

I’m running a paid version of the latest release of Jaikoz on Linux Mint 15 (based on Ubuntu 13.04). I have a collection of 29.872 songs stored on an external HD which is set a my base folder in Jaikoz. I imported it yesterday and did a few modifications, which went fine (much better than when I used previous versions, thanks Paul!).

However, when I opened Jaikoz this morning to go on with my tag editing, Jaikoz started rescanning the folder (as I requested it to to in the Prefs) but stopped scanning at 27.538 songs. The software doesn’t seem to have frozen (I can still move the windows), but it won’t go any further, and I can’t click on “Cancel”.

Here’s the end of the console output : http://pastebin.com/XKvTDUZV

Thanks,

ElVirolo

Yeah, you ran out of memory.

30,000 songs is too many songs to try and load with the default memory allocated to Jaikoz, note Jaikoz can only use memory upto the limit allocated to it, it cannot just make use of memory on your computer. You can change value easily , please see http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/help/linux/help.html#MemoryManagement

Note, at some point Jaikoz will be improved so that it’s memory usage is not tied to how many songs are loaded. We have already solved that problem with SongKong, that has no limit on how many songs can be processed with the default memory allocation.

Thanks for the reply. Before you replied, I cleaned the cache and started the whole process again, and it seems to be working so far. I’m running the Autocorrector ATM, when it’s over I’ll change the memory settings.

Apart from that, Jaikoz is working impressively well. I’m sure it’ll take time for me to tame the beast, but it makes the whole process of retagging my collection very easy.

Thanks,

ElVirolo

PS : there’s something I don’t understand about the Autocorrector : does it generate/match tracks based on Acoustid ? I thought only clicking on the MusicIP button did that.

[quote=ElVirolo]
PS : there’s something I don’t understand about the Autocorrector : does it generate/match tracks based on Acoustid ? I thought only clicking on the MusicIP button did that. [/quote]

Retrieve AcoustIds generates fingerprint and acoustids for each track.

Autocorrecter contains a series of tasks , this list can be modified. It doesnt contain the Retrieve AcoustIds by default but it could, however it does contain the Autocorrect Metadata from MusicBrainz task, this will get fingerprints anyway during matching as required.