SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz and OSX Mountain Lion (10.8)

This weekend I have been testing Jaikoz with Mountain Lion and unfortunately although Apple promised no changes there are a few issues.

1. If you download Jaikoz and then try and run Jaikoz.app after copying it to /Applications you may get the error

Jaikoz is damaged and can’t be opened. You should eject the disk image.

In fact this message is errorneous, the workaround is to go to Preferences:Security and Privacy and set Allow application downloaded from to Anywhere

1. Menubar icons are squashed up and search button changed
  2. Progress dialogs not disappearing after completing task

I aim to make a Jaikoz release available this week to address these particular problems.

All these issues are now fixed in Jaikoz 4.6

Just wanted to add that i have tried to install the update and i get same error message.

I am able to open the application from within the image file but as soon as i move it out there and drag the program in to Application folder i get file is damaged error.

am running Mountain Lion and just downloaded the file from this website and i do have full license

thank you

Greg

I think you must have an earlier version of Jaikoz, please try downloading again.

i do believe i have downloaded latest version. file name i have downloaded to not have version associated with it therefore i can’t say for sure. can you provide me a link with latest version of the software ?

thank you

greg

Hello, I’ve got the same problem.
I didn’t think to update to 4.6.3 before installing Mountain Lion.

Now, I cannot open Jaikoz and I get the error: “To open ?Jaikoz,? you need to install a Javaďż˝SEďż˝6 runtime. Would you like to check for and install one?”

When that pops up, I’ve tried clicking “Install”, but it will only say “The software is currently unavailable.”

When I try to download the latest version from the Jaikoz site, the link to MacUpdate, the version available for download is 4.6.2, and NOT 4.6.3.

So, I cannot do anything until MacUpdate gets onboard with 4.6.3?

Thank you!

Once you have upgraded to Mountain Lion it wipes all the previously installed Java installations so the first time you run Jaikoz it informs you that you need to install Java 6 and gives you a link, but then that should work.

I dont understand why you cannot install Java 6

That’s the mystery. It simply says “unavailable”.
I’ve tried Software Update, etc.

As you’ve told others, OS 10.8 works fine with Jaikoz 4.6.3, correct?
Is there a direct link or somewhere else where I can update to 4.6.3? (I’ve got a paid license and all of that, too)

Solved.

I searched some more Mac forums, and found someone who posted this link:

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/39490/apple-java-for-os-x-lion/

I downloaded and ran it, and now Jaikoz opened and I updated to 4.6.3.

There is direct link to Jaikoz 4.6.3 from the downloads page http://www.jthink.com/jaikoz/jsp/download/start.jsp

but this problem has nothing to do with jaikoz but with installing java and i still dont understand why you couldn’t just install Java as prompted, but anyway glad you solved it.