SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz 9.1.0 NGS build 1160 uninstaller not working on Windows 10 x64

I have Jaikoz installed on two PCs running Windows 10 x64 and the uninstaller does not work on either machine. I had botched the default Rename Mask and was unable to uninstall Jaikoz so that I could do a fresh install.
Even Revo Uninstaller Pro could not clear the settings.
Please correct the uninstaller issue.

I see now the uninstaller problem.
The Uninstall String points to"\\m-server\P\! Drive V - My Documents\!__Personal Software Downloads\SongKong\Jaikoz\jaikoz-windows64\JVM64\bin\javaw.exe" -jar “C:\Program Files\Jthink\Jaikoz\Uninstall\uninstaller.jar”
because I had installed it from a network location. I must put the resource on a local drive and point the resource to it via manual editing.
Please inform your users about this caveat.

EDIT: I made the correction but it still left the “C:\Users\\Jaikoz” resources remaining after uninstall. :frowning: ???

Since the uninstallation executable and it’s resources reside within the “bin” folder of the installer’s resource, if one deletes or moves the installation resource a normal uninstallation then becomes impossible.
Would it not be beneficial to add/install the dependent resources which reside in the installer’s bin folder into the Jaikoz program’s installation folder into a “bin” subfolder?
It appears suitable to me that the uninstaller should not be dependent upon any once-used installer resource. This is normal behavior for most any standard Windows application.

Hi sorry I don’t quite follow what you mean about needing a subfolder.

Whilst I realize its a pain having old versions installed and the uninstaller not working there is never any reason to need to uninstall an old version in order to fix a problem with Jaikoz. You can reinstall Jaikoz over an existing install, be it the same version or later version.

Any actively used configuration file is stored in c:\Users\username\Jaikoz so if one of these files is problematic simply deleting it and restarting Jaikoz will get Jaikoz to automatically replace with the default one from the C:\Program Files\Jthink\Jaikoz location.

You don’t understand. I have not nor am I attempting to install an old version. The uninstaller simply does not work without the installer’s “bin” folder being present on one of the PC’s local drives. “javaw.exe” must be present to initiate the uninstall sequence. Are you the author of this software? You surely know this if you are.
If not, please present this issue to the author of the software.
Please provide a working uninstaller.
Manual uninstallation is a poor substitution.
FYI - I have recently purchased PRO versions of both Jaikoz and SongKong and believe that I should be provided equitable support.

Yes I am the author but the uninstaller part is provided as a package and awkward to fix. But I was just replying to what you said [quote] I had botched the default Rename Mask and was unable to uninstall Jaikoz so that I could do a fresh install. [/quote] and just Im saying this is not a reason to uninstall Jaikoz, it wont fix your rename mask issue.

You’ve done an excellent job with the application. You might perhaps not be thoroughly experienced with the Windows environment. The Windows uninstaller feature is broken at the moment. I’ll get around to analyzing the issue more thoroughly myself and I could assist in resolving that particular aspect. I have development experience with Windows and am a Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator. I can donate my time to it sparingly. I’d be happy to assist in your success. :wink:

Thankyou, that would be very helpful. You are quite right that I do not have much experience of Microsoft specifics