SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz 8.0: self-host MusicBrainz with little trouble

paultaylor wrote:

[quote] Hi

With the new release you may wonder how you can tag your songs to releases that you have just submitted from Jaikoz but have not made it to the JThink database yet. The good news is you can simply use Match to One Release:Match to Specified Release and enter the Musicbrainz Id (or Url) of the new release. [u]If Jaikoz cannot find the release in Jthink db it will then check the MusicBrainz database.[/u][/quote]

That’s all true, but if the new release includes some titles, which are already in the JThink database, the command Match to One Release:Match to Specified Release doesn’t retrieve the MB ReleaseId and the MB Recording Id for these records.
Example: a new release has 12 titles. 2 titles are already included in other releases in the JThink database. These two titles will not get the MB release id and the Recording Id if I submit the command “Match to Specified MusicBrainz Album” using the MusicBrainz Release ID of the new release. The other 10 titles getting the Ids.

Hmm. not sure why that would be but I’ve raised http://jthink.net:8081/browse/JAIKOZ-926 - would help me if you could email support files.

Ive looked at the code and I cannot see how this could happen as youve described it but I suspect there is a problem here so more details and logs would really help.

support file sent

I think Ive found the bug. Match to Specified MusicBrainz Release will not fill in fields that previously had a status of Deleted. I assume you are deleting the MBReleaseId field because it needs to be blank for Submit New Release to be allowed, and you deleted MBRecordingId field for the same reason (although this is not necessary).

When you reload the files those fields do not have status deleted and hence there is no issue. (I haven’t yet worked out why having a field with status of deleted is preventing update of field)

Can you confirm this is actually the bug ?

I can confirm that this is the case. I deleted info thinking it would be autocorrected, but it is not.

This is now fixed in Jaikoz 8.0.2