SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz 5.7.0 Released October 15th 2013

Important: This fixes an incompatibility between Jaikoz and the new release of Musicbrainz released yesterday, so please update as soon as possible

But luckily I was planning to do a new release this week anyway and the new release also contains improved iTunes integration, better MusicBrainz matching and Acoustid integration.

You can see all changes at

http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/news/build1123.jsp

Does this affect anything with the local musicbrainz server? If I update to the latest jaikoz, will it still be able to use my current mb server, or does there need to be some updates to the local server to reflect the updates that are on the live server for the new version of jaikoz to be able to read it? If so, will replication get them or does there need to be a full new database, much like when the nsg was released?

Jaikoz will work with the existing Musicbrainz VM.

If you do update the database you’ll also need to update the search server so I would just wait for a brand new MusicBrainz VM which should be available.
within the week. Once you have the latest database and code Jaikoz will be able to take advantage of some of the improvements with that.