SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz 5.4.0 Released June 26th 2013

Jaikoz 5.4.0 released today

http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/news/build1120.jsp

Most notably in this released we have improved how uses Jaikoz uses Acoustid for matching songs fixing a couple of problems. I explain in more detail one issue here http://jaikoz.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/better-acoustid-matching-in-jaikoz-540.html

Looks great! Can’t wait to try it out.

On a side note, I just started up jaikoz and did not get the expected upgrade window in 5.2 to upgrade to the new version. Also the Check for update option under help menu claims I have the latest version of Jaikoz installed. I don’t know if this might be related, but the download of the jaikoz 64bit, took about 10 minutes to download. Typically this download is under a minute. Everything is running at normal speed on my side.

Thx, new version window now displays.

Not sure why your download was slow though.

At the bottom you suggest ->

1 - Ensure the AcoustID column is visible in Jaikoz
2 - Right click on the header and select Empty Column
3 - Run Retrieve AcoustIDs
4 - Save any files that have changed

Not all my songs have AcoustID in the tags, but some do. So how long would that take to load 15,000 songs in to Jaikoz and empty the AcoustID field?

Would it be better to write a small batch file that scan tags and removes that field instead?

It wouldn’t take long at all, writing a batch file seems like an uneccessary hassle to me.

Okay, thanks. I’ll give it a try. I was just worried that loading too many songs would make my computer unusable.

Hi Paul,

1. I removed ALL Acoustic IDs as suggested in your URL above but when I ran Action\Remote Correct\Retrieve Acoustids to replace them it only replaced 108 (see console log at end)

2. Also I used to be able to select a whole lot of rows (click 1st row then scroll down and shift click last) then right click in this selection and select the same options available on the Action menu from the popup menu (ie Remote Correct\Retrieve Acoustids) but the CORRECT menu option is no longer there. It IS there if I right click on the very left EDIT column but then this only applies to a SINGLE row and not the whole selection of rows.
    (I tried to do this as a workaround for replacing the deleted Acoustic IDS since they ARE replaced if I do them individually rather than using the Action menu which applies to everything loaded and fails as per the console log shown below).

CONSOLE LOG:
Output from console after I emptied the Acoustid ID column and tried to replace them using Action\Remote Correct\Retrieve Acoustids - it only replaced 108 even though almost all were previously populated:
Aug 9, 2013 10:04:32 AM: INFO: Retrieving Acoustid fingerprints and Ids for 3,615 songs
Aug 9, 2013 10:05:18 AM: INFO: 3,611 songs already have an Acoustid fingerprint
Aug 9, 2013 10:05:18 AM: INFO: Retrieved 4 Acoustid fingerprints successfully
Aug 9, 2013 10:05:18 AM: INFO: Retrieved 108 Acoustid Ids successfully
Aug 9, 2013 10:05:18 AM: INFO: Completed retrieval of Acoustid fingerprints and Ids for 240 songs

UPDATE:
After emptying cache and restarting Jaikoz I now get the output below… so its like Jaikoz see 3,611 songs as already having Acoustids but they aren’t displayed in the Acoustid ID column:
Aug 9, 2013 11:10:56 AM: INFO: 3,615 files are loaded
Aug 9, 2013 11:11:11 AM: INFO: Retrieving Acoustid fingerprints and Ids for 3,615 songs
Aug 9, 2013 11:11:28 AM: INFO: 3,611 songs already have an Acoustid fingerprint
Aug 9, 2013 11:11:28 AM: INFO: Retrieved 4 Acoustid fingerprints successfully
Aug 9, 2013 11:11:28 AM: INFO: Completed retrieval of Acoustid fingerprints and Ids for 0 songs

Hi, yes this is fixed, and will be available in Jaikoz 5.5.0 within a few days
http://www.jthink.net/jaikozforum/posts/list/7118.page

Yes, this change was made in conjunction with the expanded toolbar so that it now works on all rows if nothing selected in left hand column, and selected rows if some rows selected in left hand column. You CAN select multiple rows in the left hand column, however a number of you have not been happy with me removing tasks from the context menu for the main table so I MAY put this back in, not sure.