SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz 5.2.0b Toolbar Tasks: Capitalize All letters, Sentence case, Title Case

Look what these tasks do, starting with :

1. I AM: LOVER OF LIFE, SINGER OF SONGS: THE VERY BEST OF FREDDIE MERCURY SOLO (DISC 1)
    2.) I am: LOVER of life, singer of songs: the very best of freddie mercury solo (disc 1)
    3.) I Am: LOVER of Life, Singer of Songs: the Very Best of Freddie Mercury Solo (Disc 1)
    and in another order:
    4.) I AM: LOVER OF LIFE, SINGER OF SONGS: THE VERY BEST OF FREDDIE MERCURY SOLO (DISC 1)
    5.) I Am: LOVER OF LIFE, Singer OF SONGS: THE VERY BEST OF Freddie Mercury SOLO (Disc 1)
    6.) I am: LOVER of life, singer of songs: the very best of freddie mercury solo (disc 1)
    Why is in case 3 the Very Best not The Very Best ?

That these Toolbar Tasks affects the selected rows in a columne was a surprise for me. I thought they were only a shortcut for the preference and I had to select the rows in the First column (of the Edit window) and use Action -> Local Correct -> etc for the column.

Because the is in the Manipulators:Capitalizer:Usually Lowercase these words list.

However a bug has already been raised saying they should be capitalized if after a colon, see http://www.jthink.net:8081/browse/JAIKOZ-627

Why did you think they would be preference shortcuts, rather than task shortcuts, we have no preference shortcuts ?

And what about the presentation of case 2, 3, 5 and 6.
I thought LOVER should be written as Lover.
Especially case 5:
Lover Of Life, Singer Of Songs: The Very Best Of Freddie Mercury Solo (Disc 1)

OK, so the problem is you are going straight from UPPERCASE to TitleCase, and Title case assumes words that are uppercased and 5 charcters or less are acronyms so leave them as titled.

If you go from UPPERCASE to Sentence or lowercase and then to Title case it should work as expected giving this result.

I Am: Lover of Life, Singer of Songs: the Very Best of Freddie Mercury Solo (Disc 1)

(Except for the lowercase the before colon)

What about tweaking the options in Capitalizer to add “Capitalize First Letter in Titlecase After…”

Add: ": "
Add: "- "

and so on…

Does it really need an option , shouldnt it always do it ?

It would be nice to have more flexibility when dealing with alternative punctuation and such. But I think basically all letters after : , - . ; should be capitalized. So that would work.

Of course in most cases the data is coming from MusicBrainz, and the idea is that the text is already correctly capitalized.