SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz 4.5.3. Alpha 2 Released 13th January 2012

Available from here:

http://www.jthink.com/jaikoz/jsp/beta/start.jsp

Fixes a couple of issues with Alpha 1

The main purpose of this release was to reduce how much memory Jaikoz uses, and to improve performance when dealing with large collections of songs. The amount of memory Jaikoz uses is still proportional to how many files are loaded, but it now uses less memory than previously and less additional memory when actually matching songs in Jaikoz.

Downloaded and installed the latest alpha. Just got done loading 20k files in it for testing and it loaded them fairly quickly. Took about 15 minutes to load them all. Also ran an autocorrect and that as well went fairly smoothly. Only took a few hours which is not that bad for that many files. I have mine both doing update existing from both musicbrainz and discogs as well as then correcting metadata from both. I like how it now updates every 5 seconds instead of only every 100 songs when loading.

[quote=greengeek]Took about 15 minutes to load them all.
[/quote]
The real speed improvements should come the second time you load them (because thay are now in the Jaikoz database), how long does that take ?

I just finished all the changes on the last batch of 20k files and everything went smoothly. Did not see any new bugs appear.

I had already made my changes and saved them and manually moved them after. I rarely ever load the same batch of files a second time after I have already corrected them. I will load another 20k or so into it and close them out and load them back in to see how that works. Haven’t had the need to do it previously, so don’t have really anything to compare it to.

In the past I typically also clear out my database cache after tagging a bunch of files. I find that the whole program gets really sluggish after it has had a 100k+ files or so loaded into it over the course of a few sessions.

[quote=greengeek]
In the past I typically also clear out my database cache after tagging a bunch of files. I find that the whole program gets really sluggish after it has had a 100k+ files or so loaded into it over the course of a few sessions.[/quote]
That may have been because Jaikoz was using more memory when files were loaded from the database rather than dirct from the files, but that is now fixed so you shouldn’t have to do this anymore.