SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz 4.0 NGS Beta now available May 5th

New Jaikoz Beta now available for the forthcoming new Musicbrainz NGS release. This beta is packed with features but please note it is not compatible with the currently live Musicbrainz db instead it is configured to use a Musicbrainz Test Server that contains uptodate data, but any new data you add from Jaikoz to Musicbrainz (such as with submit Musicbrainz/PUID pairs) will be lost when Musicbrainz goes live.

It is expected that Musicbrainz NGS wil be released on May 16th, and Jaikoz NGS 4.0 will be released within days of this.

Also note that some release ids and track ids have changed in NGS because recordings can now be assoicated with more than one release, and each release event has been converted to a full release. So if you start saving changes to your songs from the NGS database it is not advisable to go back to Jaikoz 3.11.1 and the live Musicbrainz database.

http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/beta/start.jsp

The first thing I notice is that when I update from existing mbID the “total tracks” field gets cleared. If I do a full auto-correct it repopulates them correctly.

The disc # (e.g 1/3, not MB CD ID) is not being set correctly.

The auto-matching of the correct release is better than Picard (0.13) pointed at the NGS servers. But I would still like to see an interface (match to probable MBID’s?) that presented all the releases that match the tracks but not necessarily the label/date/cat# in case something was filed incorrectly before the conversion. The manual match presents far too many possible matches in some cases. I suppose I could crank the threshold way up and reduce the matches.

Any chance of not twiddling the tag name’s case for FLAC files? Picard saves everything as all-caps (ARTIST=) and Jaikoz does them lower (artist=). The standard is case-neutral, but my transcode script looks at file modification time. If the only modification is to the case of the tags then I get a lot of false positives.

Other than these little quirks, everything seems good.

I am also seeing the “Track Total” field getting cleared. I am doing a full Autocorrect Songs, but I had already used up my quota of 5001 queries to Discogs, so that may have affected the results differently than the other user’s report. I tested this on a collection of 56 MP3 files, all of which were purchased from the Amazon MP3 store. MB Unique Ids were found for 48 of them, and the Track Total field was cleared on all 48. The other 8 did not have MB Unique Ids and still had their Track Total fields.

Yep, this is a bug that has now been fixed, should have Beta 2 out tomorrow

I’ll think about it but will not make it into Jaikoz 4.0