SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz 3.9.0 Beta available 14th January 2010

New beta is now available, please give it a go and see what you think

http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/beta/start.jsp

Thanks for beta, but i can’t see discogs filter option. But Has discogs id checkbox … i think its 50% and youll finish it.

Would be nice ( and pretty accurate imho ) to find with catalog nr - if exist

I almost added the Discogs filter, but I wanted to get the beta out by the end of this week as promised and run out of time to do a few things I would have liked to do.

Thanks,

Does this fix the album art issues? I think that is the copy/paste multiple values reference?

“By default when songs are moved associated files are moved as well but this can now be prevented if you uncheck Save:General:Move Associated Files.”

A good wishlist feature would be to have the option of setting the folder name, location for the assoicated files. I tend to put all of the .cue .log, etc. in a folder labled “misc” relative to the album it goes with but that is just a matter of personal convention. If I could just say save associated files in folder: /misc that would save me a lot of time.

I have a problem with Force Save, when the mp3-song only has Artist and Title and other fields are empty.
Jaikoz says as example:
Unable to save song 51 with filename Axel Fischer - Traum von Afrika.mp3 because of the following error: Argument cannot be null.
This does not happen with Save Changes.
Jaikoz 3.9.0 Beta

In Linux (Ubuntu 10.10) the file selection dialogs in the preferences are taking a long time to come up.

Really strange sorting.

I click on subfolder to sort by folders - track ( 01 - lalalala.mp3 ) but tracks are not sorted 01 02 03 …

[quote=markfaine]Thanks,

Does this fix the album art issues? I think that is the copy/paste multiple values reference?
[/quote]
I think so, but please check.

Sounds very specific, I would think this could be achieved easily enough with a simple shell script outside of Jaikoz.

[quote=Alfg]I have a problem with Force Save, when the mp3-song only has Artist and Title and other fields are empty.
Jaikoz says as example:
Unable to save song 51 with filename Axel Fischer - Traum von Afrika.mp3 because of the following error: Argument cannot be null.
This does not happen with Save Changes.
Jaikoz 3.9.0 Beta[/quote]
Hmm, support files please.

Nope. The artwork dialog allows setting one image. After that all options except rename and delete are grayed out.

Oh, what issue is this, multiple artwork for Flac files ?

trying to specify the musicbrainz release for a group of tracks and I get this error:
“Trying to match Various Artist release to a group of songs by a single artist”
but the tracks artist field is blank. also the “is compilation” is checked.

Yes.

Oh, okay I havent looked at that I though you meant something else

Seems to be a bug if the Language field is not completed, the problem does occur when do Save changes because new matches are likely to have the Language field corrected by Musicbrainz whereas when you do force save you are saving files that were corrected by Musicbrainz in a previous version and will not have the Language field set.

Workaround, do Update from Musicbrainz this should complete the language field for most songs, manually enter where missing

There a reactually two bugs that can cause this error. Force Save now ensures that all fields are rewritten with save settings whereas before it just meant the file was resaved, but there is a bug that it is not differentiting between edited and deleted fields.

[quote=TinCanFury]trying to specify the musicbrainz release for a group of tracks and I get this error:
“Trying to match Various Artist release to a group of songs by a single artist”
but the tracks artist field is blank. also the “is compilation” is checked.[/quote]

Any idea why I get this when trying to have Jaikoz apply a release to the selected tracks?

thanks!

What about the ‘album artist’ field ?