SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz 3.9.0 Beta 2 available 19th January 2010

Beta 2 is now available, please give it a go and and give me feedback and report any issues on the Beta forum. I do not expect there to be any more changes except for an update to the documentation before the final release. Thankyou to all of you who testdrived and reported on issues in 3.9.0 Beta 1.

Changes since Beta 1 as follows:
New Features

* If Jaikoz is configured to update changes to iTunes and you have changed the rating field then on save this field is used to update the rating within the iTunes database, giving you a way to modify your iTunes ratings outside of iTunes itself. If you make further changes to the files in Jaikoz but do not modify the ratings field then on save it will not overwrite the rating within iTunes (unless you do Force Save), this means you can make subsequent changes to the ratings within iTunes without being concerned that Jaikoz will replace the values. Remember that iTunes does not store it's ratings in the files themselves, and ratings stored in the iTunes db are not read by Jaikoz

Fixes

* NullPointer exception on some saves
* Match to Release prevents matching songs from a compilation to a compilation release if artist field is empty for all songs
* Unable to add multiple artwork for Flac, Ogg and Vorbis from the main edit panel
* Ratings field in Detail/Info tab is not rendered as stars 

http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/beta/start.jsp

uhh Beta 2 won’t load any of my MP3’s any more… says everyone of 'em is unreadable and may be corrupt ??

Ah, if you installed Beta 1 please start Jaikoz, Advanced/Empty Cache and then everything will be okay

that was it, thx!

Paul,
my AutoCorrect contains the following tasks
-Retrieve Acoustic IDs
-Correct Metadata from MusicBrainz
-Correct Lyrics

After I autocorrected a bunch of files, all songs were corrected with MB unique Id and MB Release ID and AmpliFind ID etc.
Then I saw there was some data in the Tags, I don’t want, I deleted User Defined Text Info in the ID3 Edit Window. So MB unique Id and MB Release ID and others were deleted. So far so good.
After I ran autocorrect a second time, MB unique Id and AmpliFind ID was collected but not MB Release ID, Release Type and Release Country. :shock:

This doesn’t happen in earlier releases of Jaikoz.
Doing a manual correct, MB Release ID, Release Type and Release Country is collected again.

Hmm. logs please !

Just sent to you

Musicbrainz Unique Id is not stored in the User Defined Text Info but in the Unique File Id field so when you delete everything from the User Defined Text Info it is not deleting them so when you rerun Autocorrect From Musicbrainz it is not trying to recorrect them which is why the release data isnt gettting updated. This is confirmed by your logs which state on every run that 34 Songs are ignored because they already have a Musicbrainz Id.

If the song was the correct song but you just didnt want all the data I would have just removed the offending data and run Update Metadata from Musicbrainz

But why didnt it fix them when you set Do not match online if already have Musicbrainz Unique Id you ask. Now this is a bug in Jaikoz, I was was going to remove this option because I dont really think it is useful and if set accidently can lead to extensive unneccessary reprocessing of fixed files, but I havent removed the option from the UI.

EDIT:Maybe I being too hasty removing this option I’ll amend Correct from Musicbrainz to respect it.

For 3.9.0 beta 2 set filter to ‘amplifind id does not exist’ and got 7 songs. Tried to get the id’s and some songs could not be processed. Deleted them. Now still have 7 songs listed, some new ones replaced the deleted ones.
Told it to get the id’s and it said the songs already had them. Why is the filter not working?

Next tried ‘musicbrainz id does not exist" got 1603 songs. Ran autocorrect metadata from musicbrainz. It said "matched 320 songs so far’ but then was stuck, and I canceled it. Log said ‘ignored 320 songs because they already have mbid’. If they do why does the filter show them?

I will send support files.

Fran Mc

[quote=paultaylor]

http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/beta/start.jsp[/quote]

Linux link for beta 2 is wrong.

http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/beta/jaikoz-linux.zip.=70

I was able to get the file by changing it to look like the others:

http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/beta/jaikoz-linux.zip?val=70

Thanks,
-Mark

Setting artwork on Linux is much improved. I can now set more than image. However, if I set the album artwork for one file and then copy&paste or paste all values it only pastes the first image to the selected files.

You need to use ‘Paste All Values’ rather than just ‘Paste’
As has been noted before it would make more sense for Paste to paste all values and add a ‘Paste 1st Value’ option but that hasnt been done yet.

[quote=paultaylor]You need to use ‘Paste All Values’ rather than just ‘Paste’
As has been noted before it would make more sense for Paste to paste all values and add a ‘Paste 1st Value’ option but that hasnt been done yet.[/quote]

Yes, I’ve tried both because I wasn’t sure what was correct. Paste all values just pastes the first value.

[quote=markfaine]
Yes, I’ve tried both because I wasn’t sure what was correct. Paste all values just pastes the first value.[/quote]
Ah right, found the problem now Paste All Values will do as you want in final release.

[quote=mc2fran]
For 3.9.0 beta 2 set filter to ‘amplifind id does not exist’ and got 7 songs. Tried to get the id’s and some songs could not be processed. Deleted them. Now still have 7 songs listed, some new ones replaced the deleted ones.
Told it to get the id’s and it said the songs already had them. Why is the filter not working?\[/quote]
Fixed for final release.