SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz 3.8.0 Beta 2 is now available for testing

As well as fixing some regressions in beta 1 beta 2 includes some important enhancements such as an option to match to full release only, allowing loading of symbolic links and moving associated files when songs are moved.

At this point I consider the beta finished except for the help text which has not been updated yet.

You can download from the bottom of this page
http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/beta/start.jsp

Files seem to update fine under beta 2, however when trying to save them I get the following error:

Unexpected Problem with Jaikoz

D:\Program Files (x86)\Jaikoz\lib\com4j.dll: Can’t load IA 32-bit.dll on a AMD 64-bit platform.

I do not have AMD. I have an Intel I7 X980.

The previous beta 1 has given zero errors with any function with same machine.

Sorry I did not realize I was not logged in for above post. I tried removing the old DB file but that made no difference. I will try a fresh install after totally removing everything and see how that does.

If I do not start it from batch file with increased memory it runs fine. I changed from the .bat to the .exe in desktop shortcut. (I have 12 GB ram and had set it to double the default in bat. I have over 80k songs but try to keep a single run to <10k)

how do i install the beta for Mac?

Davecan, the error you are seeing is not that you cannot actually save the files, but that you cannot inform iTunes of the changes. This is because the library used to talk to iTunes (https://com4j.dev.java.net/) only works with 32 bit java, its not clear whether it will work 64 bit in the future or if I need an alternative.

I expect when you are using jaikoz.bat it is picking up a version of 64-bit Java installed on your system, whereas when you use Jaikoz.exe it is picking up a 32-bit Java. It could easily have been the other way round it just depends on what you have installed and your paths.

So for now you have two choices.

1. Disable the autoupdating of iTunes (Preferences/Save/iTunes)
  2. Use 32bit Java

Just the same as the released versions of jaikoz, the download links are at the bottom of the http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/beta/start.jsp page.

Yeah just going without the .bat for now since it works. I am correcting my Itunes database so need it to update.

Very excited about the new ability to move non-music files to the new folder. Ran a test but didn’t seem to work, and now I’m thinking maybe there’s a setting I need to select. Looked, but didn’t see anything.

Thoughts on this.

So excited, it seems, I forgot to log in. Heh…

Are there any music files left in the original folder, because the non-music files are not moved until the last music file is moved. If we didnt do this then we would be moving files away from their music files, alternatively we would be duplicating files. Normally this is not something you notice because you’ll be renaming all files in a folder at the same time

To be perfectly clear, I am using the action Correct Sub Folders From Metadata, then selecting Force Save.

The folder has music files in it, which move to the new folder hierarchy, but the image files and another folder with image files in it remain in the original folder.

All music files leave the original folder.

I know there is a Save and Move, and maybe this works only with that type of save, which I have never actually tried.

EDIT: Now look at this. Apparently I have two different login names. I learn something all the time here in the forum.

keithe, this should work perhaps you could show us the directory listing

I assume you registered twice for the forums to get two names ?

Apparently I did register twice.

Anyway, the image files moved just fine when I had mp3 files loaded. My first test had been using some Apple lossless m4a files. The images did not move with those.

I was really hoping that images inside of a folder would also move with the folder.

Give us something magical and what do I do, wish for more magic.

Oh I see, I suppose it could that if of course the sub folders contain no music files themselves, but I dont know if it should do that or not.

In my filing structure, I’ll keep one image with the music files, which is the image I have Jaikoz grab for the cover art. Inside of the album folder, I will often have another folder that only contains images of back covers, liner notes, musician photos, etc.

Most of my albums don’t have this additional folder, so I just manually have to drag and drop the art folder into the appropriate album if and when I use Jaikoz to change tags or folder structure. Not a big deal, but a little tiresome. I end up throwing away more art then I sometimes wish because I find myself getting tired of moving the folders. If it happened automatically, however, I would probably tend to save more fun tidbits with each album.

Beta 2 only recognizes 1611 of the 10237 songs in my iTunes music library.

What’s going on? What should I check for? The songs it reports as a problem work fine in iTunes, and are MPEG2 Layer 3 (aka regular Fraunhofer MP3). Well, obviously I tried only a few :wink:

If you are looking for votes/opinions I’d say that it seems to make sense to move them if you have the option on. Seems explainable and what I’d expect, anyway.

[quote=Henk Poley]Beta 2 only recognizes 1611 of the 10237 songs in my iTunes music library.

What’s going on? What should I check for? The songs it reports as a problem work fine in iTunes, and are MPEG2 Layer 3 (aka regular Fraunhofer MP3). Well, obviously I tried only a few ;-)[/quote]

Okay, there a problem cropping up for those of you who upgraded from beta 1 to beta 2 Jaikz will not recognise files that are already in the Jaikoz db because the file format has changed.

Please restart Jaikoz
Run Advanced/Empty Cache

this will fix the issue, sorry for the inconvenience

I get a new notice with Beta2: “The following audiofiles are not recognised as audio files, they be corrupt…”

Since they play in my library manager (Media Center 15), what is the Jaikoz definition of ‘corrupt’?

I have about 2,000 tunes which don’t re-tag; is MusicBrainz/Discogs the court of last resort?