SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz 3.2.2 Out August 19th

Jaikoz 3.2.2 now out, this fixes a few issues with 3.2.2
Details at http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/news/build1067.jsp

Snow Leopard Preview Users, unfortunately this release doesn’t solve your issue, but you can install at the patch http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/fixes/start.jsp . I didn’t include this patch in the release itself because it regresses another fix that affects some users on Leopard, and because Snow leopard isn’t released yet this seemed the fairest way to go.

The issue with the connection to MusicIP seems to be resolved - thanks.

However, I’m now having an issue in 3.2.2 in linux where it claim that any directory I try to add is a symbolic link (according to the log). In the previous version, this was only an issue if the directories were actually symbolic links. I can’t add any music now.

Did you change something that could affect how it interprets symbolic links? This is the message in the log: “WARNING: Folder /media/Media1/ is a symbolic link and has been ignored” It is absolutely not a symbolic link.

At the very least, could you look into why this is misinterpreting directories as being symbolic links? Even better, deal with symbolic links properly. They should not be ignored! This makes it a nightmare to manage my collection using this software.

Thank you.

Incidentally, I did some more testing and discovered it doesn’t do this for every directory or even the same directories all the time. I’ll try to figure out what’s going on if I can and let you know.

I can’t see any pattern to this. Sometimes it complains that my directories are symbolic links (which they aren’t in this case). Sometimes it processes them, no problem. I give up.

I can’t see anything that has changed in this version relating to symbolic links, can you send me your logs please (Advanced/Create Support Files), and the output of ls -lR on the folder as well please.l

Great to see that Correct Lyrics now handles apostrophes (single-quotes). Just to be a trouble-maker :slight_smile: I had to try something with double-quotes. Seems that these still cause a problem:

But the complementary enhancement to provide the lyricsfly link helps with this quite a bit.

Great stuff!

Okay the list of problem characters isnt clear, any more just let me know.

Just to confirm that 3.3.1 solves these issues for me. Thanks again, Paul, for remarkably great software!