SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz 11.5.2 - Apple music Error

I finally got a wonderful mac M1 with Monterey.
Thanks for the Jaikoz.
I set Jaikoz to save the music edit to my Apple music playlist etc and i got this error.

What can you do to correct the problem John ?

I’m attaching the screenshot and also the Jaikoz support

Regards![Error|690x92](upload://huL

EpkR1qgdsbVuqlXdslTTs6B3.jpeg)

This should not happen, I guess first step is to send your support files.

I will send the support file to your email ?

Regards

Yes thats correct hankyou

Hello

Had you received my support file I sent you ?

Yes, the first time you run Jaikoz 11.5.2 your Mac should display a popup message saying

“Jaikoz” wants access to control “Music”.Allowing control will provide access to documents and data in “Music”, and to perform actions within that app.

Did you select OK to allow access ?

Hello Paul

No I did not see that message
I just saw the error message

Okay, try the following.

• Close Jaikoz
  • Open Utilities/Terminal app
  • Enter tccutil reset AppleEvents
  • Start Jaikoz
  • You should now be asked if you wish to give Jaikoz access to Music, select Ok
  • Hopefully this should resolve issue

Hello Paul

I did what you said and it look like the problem is corrected.
Thank you for your help

Gilles

1 Like

Hi Paul
This is morning Jaikoz is back to square one with the Apple Music playlist error.
I have no idea why ?

I tried this solution, however the problem is still there.

Hi, please run Advanced:Create Support Files and email them to support@jthink.net

e-mail is on the way.

Okay looked at logs, Jaikoz is failing to create model of Apple music at startup, it doesnt seem to have permission. So if yo do the folowing

Okay, try the following.

• Close Jaikoz
  • Open Utilities/Terminal app
  • Enter tccutil reset AppleEvents
  • Start Jaikoz

You should now be asked if you wish to give Jaikoz access to Music, does that happen ?

I ran the “tccutil reset AppleEvents” command after exiting Jaikoz and restarted.

This question didn’t come up after Jaikoz restarted

No change …

I don’t know why that would not work.

If you go into Apple Preferences:Privacy & Security:Automation does it list Jaikoz under it?

No. There ist no entry from Jaikoz

No, there is nothing from Jaikoz.
Is there a solution?

This should not happen, first time a confirmation dialog should come up then it should just work, and it does work for me. But I haven’t got exact same version of MacOS as you so maybe there is an issue there but I wont be able to check this until start of next week now.

All I can suggest for now is to disable updating Music App from Jaikoz, then after saving changes in Jaikoz just go into Apple Music, select all files and then Get Info. This will update Apple library with any changes made by Jaikoz, should be fine unless you start moving files around.

Just my 2 cents. Hansi possibly he don’t know how to work this issue or his music library is all in mess.
I had similar problem before and I found out my Music library was way to big with 85.000 songs.
I had to delete my music Apple Music app and redone it with a smaller amount of music organise in folders and playlist then since then it’s all work perfectly. Also he need to authorise Apple Music in preferences.