SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz 10 using huge amount of memory, can't handle many albums

My PC is nearly 10 years old. I was running Jaikoz version 9 and it ran ok if a little slowly and could handle 5,000 to 7,000 files at a time. But it was failing to match a significant number of albums even though my library is well organised with folders named as Artist\Album\DiscNo\filename. So I upgraded to version 10 about a week ago. The level of matching is now very high, but it’s struggling with more than one album at a time. It’s using between 1 and 2 Mb of memory with even 5 or 6 albums loaded. Is there something I can do to improve this? Paul, I have to say it’s a super product and has helped me a lot with getting my libraries into consistent shape. Thanks in advance.

Willie

Hi Peter
Do you mean 1 or 2 Gb rather than Mb?
With Jaikoz the memory used is proportional to how many songs are loaded into it rather than how many songs are being matched. So if you are running into problems I would suggest you don’t load all your songs in one go, but under normal circumstances Jaikoz should be able to deal with up to 20,000 songs, how much memory does your PC have and are you using the 32bit or 64bit version of Jaikoz ?

You’re right, I meant 1 or 2 Gb not Mb. My PC currently has 4 Gb of memory. I was having problems even with 100 songs loaded with version 10 but not with version 9. I’m using the 64bit version of Jaikoz.

Hmm , okay please try:

-Close all Files in Jaikoz
-Run Advanced:Empty Cache
-Reopen Files

Does that help ?

Paul, sorry for the delay in coming back to you. I upgraded my memory from 4GB to 8GB and Jaikoz is now working pretty happily for me. Thanks for the great product, I’m nearly finished sorting out my ALAC copy of my library so it doesn’t have any artist sort names.

1 Like

Great glad to hear it is all sorted.