SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Itunes not syncing

Paul,

I’ve used your software to id all my mp3 files and have clicked save with the itunes auto-update boxes all ticked in the preference area so that I can play all my music through itunes. However, when I go to play songs in itunes, it cannot now find the location of any my files, including files that were already in itunes.

My newly id’ed mp3 are in my music folder which is different to my itunes folders. Do I need to copy the files over to the itunes for itunes to be able to see these files?

thanks

In iTunes do you have the Advanced/Copy Files to iTunes Library when adding to Library?

I dont see the point of this option because you just end up with all your files in two locations (the original location and your iTunes Media folder) but if you are using it then you should be loading files from Home/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media rather than your Music folder. Otherwise if you are changing the files in the Music folder and they have already been added and copied to the iTunes folder then you are modifying the incorrect file.