SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

iTunes not showing updated tags until track is played

I just noticed that a bunch of tracks I recently re-tagged in Jaikoz still show up with the old information in iTunes. If I play the tracks in iTunes the tags refresh with the correct info.

I can force iTunes to refresh the tracks by making a small tag edit (adding a space or period to comments, etc). But is there a way to get iTunes to automatically show the updated info that was changed via Jaikoz?

This doesn’t happen when I re-tag with BeaTunes… but I do remember seeing a similar issue with another tagger a while ago.

-t

Do you have Jaikoz configured to update itunes ?

Preferences:Save:iTunes Update

configured

Yep. That is enabled. I suppose I could disable/re-enable it… :-/

I did disable “add tracks not in iTunes to iTunes” because it changes the “date added” field in iTunes and otherwise causes lots of complications with the other remote libraries to which I synchronize my local library.

Otherwise I’ll keep testing to see if there is any way I can consistently reproduce this issue.

That’s not to say I’m complaining or anything… Last night I bought the iPhone App “iCody” which scans barcodes and sends the data to the active text field of my computer. Using the “Match to Musicbrainz Release by barcode” function I was able to scan a CD with my iPhone and Jaikoz would grab the barcode # and come up with the exact Musicbrainz release in about 10 seconds. Very cool!

The problem was resolved by disabling and re-enabling the iTunes update option (restarting jaikoz after each change). I hope this isn’t happening with any of my other preferences.

I will send my log files to support for your reference.

-t

[quote=rovertag]The problem was resolved by disabling and re-enabling the iTunes update option (restarting jaikoz after each change). I hope this isn’t happening with any of my other preferences.

I will send my log files to support for your reference.

-t[/quote]

This happened again today… had to disable/re-enable that setting. Furthermore, almost all of my matching options had reset. I set them to mostly “never alter” and “replace if empty” for some fields last night. But today they had reset to “always replace”. Weird.

-t