SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

iTunes bitrate field changing for no apparent reason

Hi,

Apologies if this has been answered in another thread already, but if so, I’ve not been able to find it. If I make a change to any AAC VBR file in Jaikoz, for example add a BPM number, when I look at the track in iTunes, that change appears correctly but the bitrate field has also changed from “192 kbps (VBR)” to merely “192 kbps”, despite the fact that within the ‘Audio View’ pane, it shows correctly before and after as “192 kbps (VBR)” and the ‘Is VBR’ box is correctly ticked before and after as well. If I look at the file in Mp3tag, it would appear that the true average bitrate is 195 kbps, and this value also remains constant before and after editing a field within Jaikoz. I am using v3.4.4, Windows XP and iTunes 9.0.3.15. Any ideas?

Jaikoz doesn’t change any of this audio information it is embedded in the mp3 itself, so probably iTunes is just failing to read it properly.

Thanks, Paul for replying so early on a Sunday morning. That’s what I suspected given that the audio info showed correctly in Jaikoz. Any ideas how this might be overcome?