SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

iTunes 10.3.1 won't update on Jaikoz 4.11

[quote]16/07/2011 00.41.19:com.jthink.jaikoz.TagSaver$UpdateITunes:run:WARNING: iTunes Exception
com.jacob.com.ComFailException: Can’t co-create object
\tat com.jacob.com.Dispatch.createInstanceNative(Native Method)
\tat com.jacob.com.Dispatch.(Dispatch.java:99)
\tat com.jacob.activeX.ActiveXComponent.(ActiveXComponent.java:58)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.ituneshelper.WindowsJacobUpdateItunesWithChanges.updateItunes(WindowsJacobUpdateItunesWithChanges.java:89)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.TagSaver$UpdateITunes.run(TagSaver.java:439)
\tat java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
\tat java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
\tat java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)[/quote]

The user log just says “Don’t use iTunes whilst running jaikoz”, but it wasn’t running during the update.

I have now screwed up my iTunes library, and I’m not sure if I’ll be able to do anything other than just rebuilding it (which might be a good idea anyway).

Any thoughts?

Hm, never seen this before, what version of iTunes do you have , did it suddenly stop working or has Jaikoz/iTunes integration never worked for you.

iTunes 10.3.1.55

I’m also on Windows 7 x64. It has never worked for me. On version 3.9.x of Jaikoz, I couldn’t get it to work then either. I recently updated to 4.11 and got to work on removing a bunch of duplicates, and it still won’t work.

Do you have Java installed for both 32bit and 64bit ?

Although the integration works for both you may be hitting an error using one only, please try starting Jaikoz using the other one this is probably easiest to do by opening the Windows Command Prompt, editing Jaikoz.bat to contain the full path of Jaikoz and then running Jaikoz.bat. Once you start Jaikoz it shows the version of Java being used in the first line of the jaikoz console so you can check.