SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

It's meeee again, it's meeee agaaaain...

Hi Paul and happy newyears!

Also, Jaikoz doesn’t work, will that be fixed in 3.8.4?

If not, I could go into the details.

Cheers!

In what way doesn’t it work, you haven’t give me much info ?

A few different things.

1. Hotkeys (various) don’t work
  2. Have to save artwork (folder.jpg) as separate step now
  3. No gracefull handling of timeout (“took longer than 5 minutes so I give up”)
  4. No statefull handling of choices for available manipulators, i.e. you can’t chose to correct filename if metadata hasn’t been saved
  5. Seem to be race-conditions for the manipulators
  1. is the most important one, and means that you can run autocorrect but the file and folder isn’t corrected, and then you have to run it again for the tracks that hasn’t been corrected.

Given that I am running it on 8 cores, I suppose I could test this by running it under a vmware-image with 2 cores available.

Also it doesn’t match to a specified musicbrainz id, and it doesn’t save changes, and it doesn’t create accustic ids so it’s kind of difficult to use.

Maybe testing the application would be an idea?

Just a thought.

[quote=MAzE5h1p69wB]A few different things.

1. Hotkeys (various) don’t work
    [/quote]
    Why don’t you help yourself by giving me full details instead of half-assed reports which are unclear. The more difficult it is for me to understand the issue the less likely it is I’ll fix the issue in a timely manner.

If you mean Save Artwork to Filesystem it has never been a task in the Autocorrecter.

If it takes longer than 5 minutes that indicates there is a problem with the network or server and there is no point trying again as likely to fail again, better to inform the user. If a query fails within seconds of being sent then we do retry a number of times before completely giving up.

You can.

[quote=MAzE5h1p69wB]
5. Seem to be race-conditions for the manipulators
5) is the most important one, and means that you can run autocorrect but the file and folder isn’t corrected, and then you have to run it again for the tracks that hasn’t been corrected.
Given that I am running it on 8 cores, I suppose I could test this by running it under a vmware-image with 2 cores available.[/quote]
I’ll look into this futher

Sure.

We can start with how metadata isn’t fetched from musicbrainz even though it is in the manipulators and how directories and filenames aren’t changed even though they are in the manipulators so that I have to auto-correct twice and then a file is perceived as not belonging to the correct album and I have to restart Jaikoz and then load the files for that album from two different folders and try and make Jaikoz understand that I want to match to a single musicbrainz release and then that doesn’t work but eventually I can coax it but then it can’t save the corrections for that file and I have to manually move the file into the directory for the correct album and then I have to do it all over again and eventually something works somehow.

I’m going to go get drunk now.

Here’s the screenshots: http://www.mediafire.com/?r32rwm2ejlae6om

Please read before post dear bugreporter
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html