SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Issues with discogs autotagging

When trying to match tracks to discogs I seem to get a lot of mismatches. Jaikoz tends to match tracks to various artist releases or tags it as 12" vinyl even though I have checked digital media as prefered media format and I have selected the prevent match to various artist option. Especially the wrong media type happens very often. I have fiddled around with those settings (changing prefered release date from earliest/latest/don’t-really-care) but no significant difference.
When manually looking up the discogs release id, it matches correctly (also correct media type), but ofcourse this is really time consuming.

Currently using jaikoz 8.4.2 NGS 32bit on win7 (64bit won’t run)

A lot of tracks do match correctly, but it would be nice to have some more control over the matching process for some tracks.

You have two problems because matching to a Various artist release instead of an original release is a very different issue to matching to the wrong version (Vinyl instead of Digital) of the right release.

1. So if your songs are grouped one folder per album Jaikoz should not be able to match songs from an original release to a compilation unless:

a. You have disabled Preferences:Remote Correct:Only allow match if all songs in grouping were matched
b. The songs are currently in a random folder of songs, or are already grouped as a compilation

1. Do digital version of most of these releases actually exist in Discogs, because they mainly add physical releases that people can buy or sell. If they do there might be a problem with the code, you are the first customer I have had who has expressed preference for digital, its usually Vinyl or CD, so there might be a bias in the code.

It would help if you could email support@jthink.net your support files (Advanced:Create Support Files)

Thanks for the support files, so you had two issues

1. An album matched to a vinyl version of the release rather than the digital version.

I looked at it scored release 996962 slightly higher than release 4505601. This is based on a combination of how well things match and user options, but I looked a the code and a regression means it always treating every release as a good match on media type regardless of whether it is or not, so you are correct the media type is effectively being ignored when comparing releases. Ive raised a bug and https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/JAIKOZ-1128 and will fix immediately for next release.

1. A single song matched to a compilation rather than the original file.

When only trying to match a single song any release that contains the song is a potential match, which is not the case when matching a group of songs. But we should always try to match to the best release, we have already made some improvements for this in SongKong and these improvements wil soon be added to Jaikoz.