SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Issue with matching album

Hi, this is my first forum post. I recently (like, yesterday) upgraded to Pro because I strongly support your work and have gotten a ton of use out of Jaikoz. I have successfully tidied up my entire library of music over the last few years, running to hundreds of albums.

So, I am trying to match and album and simply cannot get Jaikoz to recognize it in either MusicBrainz or Discogs. It is:

Lucinda Williams “This Sweet Old World”
Barcode: 752830445611
https://musicbrainz.org/release/9b2e2cb0-11ad-4976-b761-5df201fe97ca[url]

I have never had this much difficulty matching an album to an easily-found MB entry!

Any suggestions? My songs have most of the metadata already, just trying to make it perfect, and I shouldn’t be having this trouble.

Thanks!

Have you tried Action:Match to Album:Match to Specified MusicBrainz Album, if so please send support files.

Yes, I have. And I have tried to match using barcode and catalog number. I have also deleted all metadata. NOTHING seems to work.

I have done all the same at Discogs, too. Same complete failure.

I don’t know what you mean by “send support files.” Could you please tell me what that means?

Go to Advanced menu
Select Create Support Files, this will create a zip file and show you its path
Email me the zip file that has been created

I don’t have any troubles with matching Lucinda Williams - This Sweet Old World.
Because the albunack-server is not always up to date, you have to use the mbid: 9b2e2cb0-11ad-4976-b761-5df201fe97ca . You find it in MusicBrainz on the Details-Page of the album. Copy this mbid and paste it in Jaikoz using Action-> Match to Album -> Match Songs to specified MusicBrainz Album. That’s all:-)

Ps. I have this command in the tool-bar, because I use it very frequently after adding a new album to MusicBrainz
or to force Jaikoz to make a certain release from a release group.

[quote=Alfg]I don’t have any troubles with matching Lucinda Williams - This Sweet Old World.
Because the albunack-server is not always up to date, you have to use the mbid: 9b2e2cb0-11ad-4976-b761-5df201fe97ca . You find it in MusicBrainz on the Details-Page of the album. Copy this mbid and paste it in Jaikoz using Action-> Match to Album -> Match Songs to specified MusicBrainz Album. That’s all:-)

Ps. I have this command in the tool-bar, because I use it very frequently after adding a new album to MusicBrainz
or to force Jaikoz to make a certain release from a release group.

[/quote]
OK, that worked! Thank you so much, @Alfg

This was/is EXTREMELY confusing and I consider myself reasonably adept with Jaikoz…

[quote=mjnnyc]

This was/is EXTREMELY confusing and I consider myself reasonably adept with Jaikoz…[/quote]
I specifically asked if you had used Action:Match to Album:Match to Specified MusicBrainz Album and you said you had, so Im confused as to why Alfgs reply helped if you had actually used it before ?