SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Issue with jaikoz 3.4.4 on Mac OSX Snow Leopard

Hi and"bravo" for your program

My issue is as follows : i’ve been using jaikoz for months with satisfaction

• BUT some days ago jaikoz started with the message “used on a second computer” or “already used on the same computer”

-> I’ve done what the F.A.Q says (trashing the “db”) but still the same

–> I’ve trashed everything : the prgram and the “Library/Preferences” folder, but still the same

—> I’ve done it several times, even trashin the “plist”, reinstallin the full license.

= now the program works, but strangely :

1. The scanning of the song doesn not begin automatically, I have to “open the folder” from the menu bar

2. Only the two first icons appear in the toolbar

I’m french, but I don"t think this is why it doesn’t work ;-). Must be something else

Anyxway, I do use the program as described in 1) and it works, but “there is something in the fan” (that even a frencman don’t want to write)

Could you help me, or help me, or otherwise help me ?

“Bravo” again for jaikoz which helps me a lot with my 25.000 (legal) songs, and I send you some sun rays from the south of france

Stephane

[quote=stfbennet]Hi and"bravo" for your program

My issue is as follows : i’ve been using jaikoz for months with satisfaction

• BUT some days ago jaikoz started with the message “used on a second computer” or “already used on the same computer”

-> I’ve done what the F.A.Q says (trashing the “db”) but still the same

–> I’ve trashed everything : the prgram and the “Library/Preferences” folder, but still the same

—> I’ve done it several times, even trashin the “plist”, reinstallin the full license.
[/quote]
Really you only need to delete the jaikozdb folder. By deleting everything you have deleted your preferences which is why some program behaviour has changed.

Select Preferences/General/Base Folder/Load from the Folder on Startup

Select Advanced/Use Advanced Toolbar

[quote=stfbennet]
Anyxway, I do use the program as described in 1) and it works, but “there is something in the fan” (that even a frencman don’t want to write)

Could you help me, or help me, or otherwise help me ?

“Bravo” again for jaikoz which helps me a lot with my 25.000 (legal) songs, and I send you some sun rays from the south of france

Stephane[/quote]
Thanks, have you tried out the Beta yet, it now has a French Translation

Thanks a lot for your quick and accurate answer to my stupid questions. It works perfectly now.

: the thing is “read the manual, always read the manual, and do it a third time for sake”.

By the magic of a round earth (thanks also to Galileo) I post a question, I go to sleep, and when I awake, the solution is here on my very own desk.

Our world ? A small small village ! Thanks a lot once again.

I will be trying the beta in french right now. I can’t wait to help you back with maybe some misspelt french translation.

Ps : I’ve done 3 years of tech support online (many years ago), and at that epoca, the answer was salways "the cables ! check the cables, and check them once again.

Stephane

By the way, where can I reach this beta version ?

And don’t tell me “in the manual” :slight_smile: I’ve checked the whole site but haven’t found it.

Thanks in advance, and “passez une bonne journ�e”

stf

http://www.jthink.net/jaikozforum/posts/list/1282.page

Here you go. The link was in the Announcements section.