SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Is there a way to implement replay gain in songkong to adjust music volume on each song in library so all music songs play at a consistent volume?

Paul,

Is there a way to implement a replay gain program in songkong to analyze and adjust music volume on each song in the library so all music songs play at a consistent volume on music players?

I figured that songkong is analyzing each song anyway and updating the metadata and i read where replay gain data volume decimal is stored in the metadata. This “recommended” replay volume is read by your music player when you play your music on your music device.

Your thoughts? Is it possible for this to be a future songkong enhancement?

Robert

It is certainly possible, as you say the replaygain is stored in metadata. However calculation of replay gain requires analysing audio, and this gets difficult over different audio formats and different operating systems. So it is something I will certainly consider but not top priority.

BTW I have now create a SongKong WishList and will move this topic and other requests for new SongKong features to this category.