SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Is it possible to find similar songs like Musicbrainz allows?

Hello everyone,

I tested Jaikoz today and I like it quite a lot but some songs were tagged with a compilation album. I want to avoid that.

With Musicbrainz, I can right-click that song and find similar songs. I will get a list of all matches and I will be able to pick the correct album easily.

I didn’t see a similar feature in Jaikoz. Is it available? If the answer is positive, can you tell me where to go please?

Also, it’s possible to tell Musicbrainz to favorize albums rather than compilations (altough that feature doesn’t work well for me). Is there a similar feature within Jaikoz that would allow me to get less of these bad tags?

Finally, if I can find a solution to this minor issue, I plan to buy Jaikoz because the trial showed me and prooved it does what I need. I tried SongKong but all I got was some html page with no clear results. So I’m much less interested by SongKong, am I missing out something?

[quote=volt26]Hello everyone,

I tested Jaikoz today and I like it quite a lot but some songs were tagged with a compilation album. I want to avoid that.

With Musicbrainz, I can right-click that song and find similar songs. I will get a list of all matches and I will be able to pick the correct album easily.

I didn’t see a similar feature in Jaikoz. Is it available? If the answer is positive, can you tell me where to go please?
[/quote]
Hi, yes you can use Action:Remote Correct:Manual Match to MusicBrainz.

Generally Jaikoz will take existing metadata into account so if your existing metadata is for a compilation album then it will more likely match to that, if it is an original album it should match to that. You can filter out compilations album further (but not completely) by enabling Preferences:Remote Correct:Match:Prefer do not match to Various/Single Artist compilations

[quote]
Finally, if I can find a solution to this minor issue, I plan to buy Jaikoz because the trial showed me and prooved it does what I need. I tried SongKong but all I got was some html page with no clear results. So I’m much less interested by SongKong, am I missing out something?[/quote]
The SongKong page defaults to a summary showing percentage of matches but clicking on the various items on the left handside can show exactly what has been matched and what metadata has been added, the spreadsheet link opens a spreadsheet with a Jaikoz like view of all the metadata that could be added. So perhaps you just need to explorer the report a little more ?

Thank you very for the reply, I will try it out tonight at home :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, that feature isn’t similar to what Musicbrainz allows me to do.

My main goal here is to correct as quickly as possible all the albums that were matched to compilations.

Musicbrainz let me easily see similar songs and I can pick the one that is not a compilation.

Oh well, my hunt is not over yet :frowning:

If you can someday add a feature that will force an album pick rather than a compilation, that would be great. No other software does this yet even if their options (like Musicbrainz) make me believe it can.

Right now, the best I can do is scan with MusicBrainz and correct manually all the “Various Artists”.

I’m not clear why doesn’t Manual Match from MusicBrainz work for you ?

Another approach you could try is deleting existing album artist, album and trackno metadata before matching if this existing data is for compilations. In that way Jaikoz will be more likely not to pick a compilation.