SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

"Installer user interface mode not supported"

I was having trouble installing Jaikoz on my system. When I ran the installer, it would unpack just fine, but then when the sun-style splash screen came up, after just one or two bars, a dialog would pop up telling me “Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported, Unable to load and to prepare the installer in GUI mode.”

After a little research, I found out that the ZeroG installer has a bug. If your Windows username contains special characters (mine contains !), then it will cause this error.

I simply right clicked the installer and chose “Run as…” and used a different account to install. (If you do this, make sure you install everything for all users.)

Just thought someone else might have run into this problem.

Thanks, I was not aware of this problem

[quote=Anonymous]I was having trouble installing Jaikoz on my system. When I ran the installer, it would unpack just fine, but then when the sun-style splash screen came up, after just one or two bars, a dialog would pop up telling me “Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported, Unable to load and to prepare the installer in GUI mode.”

After a little research, I found out that the ZeroG installer has a bug. If your Windows username contains special characters (mine contains !), then it will cause this error.

I simply right clicked the installer and chose “Run as…” and used a different account to install. (If you do this, make sure you install everything for all users.)

Just thought someone else might have run into this problem.[/quote]

i just want to say that i am very thankful to you for your valuable information.i was not able to install many of my applications.thankz a lot.
i really owe you for that