SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Install of 9.1.0 on linux breaks with error on JVM

Running the install on Mint Cinnamon 18.1 breaks with the error below.

There is no recovery and I have no idea if I can circumvent this in any way.

Jan 7, 2017 4:18:22 PM INFO: Commandline arguments: 
Jan 7, 2017 4:18:22 PM INFO: Detected platform: ubuntu_linux,version=4.8.0-32-generic,arch=x64,symbolicName=null,javaVersion=1.8.0_111
Jan 7, 2017 4:18:22 PM WARNING: Resource customicons.xml not defined. No custom icons available
Jan 7, 2017 4:18:25 PM INFO: Cannot find named resource: 'packsLang.xml' AND 'packsLang.xml_eng'
Jan 7, 2017 4:18:41 PM SEVERE: Failed to unpack pack: JVM

Can you try it on another linux installation ?

I tried it on another linux installation (Sabayon). That went without a hitch. The only difference between the two (apart from the linux distribution), is that this one did not have a prior jaikoz version installed.

So, I moved the existing jaikoz install and tried it again on the Mint. This worked as it should.

The problem thus was installing over an older install of jaikoz.

Was it a partilcuarly old version of Jaikoz that you wer einstalling over, there was an isue overwriting older versions when we upgraded the installer software itself (not Jaikoz) to a later version but that was over a year ago.

I keep the latest downloads and rename the download to include the version number, and install immediately after download. The version I had installed before trying to install 9.1.0 thus must have been 9.0.1.

And I found out that I do not delete them often, so just for laughs/smirks (or in case somebody wants an older version for keepsakes):

42M Sep 18  2014 /mnt/download/software/jaikoz-linux_7.1.1.tgz
 42M Sep 15  2015 /mnt/download/software/jaikoz-linux_8.3.5.tgz
 43M Nov 23  2015 /mnt/download/software/jaikoz-linux_8.4.1.tgz
 43M Apr 10  2016 /mnt/download/software/jaikoz-linux_8_4_2.tgz
111M Nov  5 16:13 /mnt/download/software/jaikoz-linux_9.0.1.tgz
111M Jan  7 16:13 /mnt/download/software/jaikoz-linux_9.1.0.tgz

[edit]
I still have the backup of the old install. So if you feel you need to get to the bottom of this: I can tarball and upload it.

No its okay, none else has reported this issue I think we just put it down to one of those funny things

FWIW, I just came across this on Win7 64, trying to install 9.2.0 over 9.1.0 (I believe). Got the same “Failed to unpack pack JVM” error. Repeatedly. Finally opened Task Manager and Jaikoz64.exe was still running, even though I closed it. Force-closed it and it installed no problem.