SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Import File Fails

I’ve got a large number of files ~75k, whose tags were screwed up by another MP3 tag editor, and I’ve gone to a lot of effort to piece my data back together using Excel, a number of incomplete iTunes exported playlists, and data I managed to wrangle out of OrangeCD. This data represents the state of my MP3’s as I was happy with them.

I’m using Jaikoz 3.1.0 and used the following workflow:

1. Create massive Excel sheet (Excel 2007 saved as 97-2003 .xls) with all available data in it. (all cells formatted as Text)
  2. Export an example .xls file from Jaikoz with ~5k files in it. (all cells formatted as General)
  3. Pasted 10k rows of individual columns from my large file into the example .xls file maintaining the column headers. ~2.9MB
  4. Changed all cell formats to General.
  5. Import Fails.

I’ve tried Importing with various configurations, fewer files, fewer rows in the file, with and without the example .xls file’s header.

My question: What is wrong with my data, or could be missing to cause Import to fail? The original example imports correctly and shows changes in the files since I’ve deleted a large number of tags since I made the example.

I’m using absolute paths in my file, Disc No is formatted is Disc No/Disc Total. Track No is missing however, as they are correct. I’ve included no MB, MusicIP or Discogs data as it is unavailable and of no interest to me. The file contains large numbers of Cyrillic and other non-standard alpha-numeric characters but nothing that fails to display properly in Notepad.

You say the original Jaikoz export imports okay but not your modified one, so certainly it is something you have changed but wiothout having the error logs its hard to guess. Please email your support files (Advanced/Create Support Files) to support at jthink dot net.

But if I was to guess I would say you should be pasting mutiple cells but not new columns into the Jaikoz spreadsheet, and you shouldn’t be changing the column headers, filename column or the cell format - these could all cause problems.

I have reinstalled Jaikoz because I caused some configuration error. I will recreate the error shortly.

When I said I had pasted columns, I meant pasting multiple cells. I did not think to make the distinction.

Ahh! I’ve just solved the problem, turns out I don’t know enough about Excel. My pasting technique apparently caused me to turn the Filename cell in the header into a Hyperlink pointing to the first file in the list. This wouldn’t have happened if I’d first formed the data and pasted it all in at once. This is good since I can blame Excel and Microsoft instead of Jaikoz.

I don’t know what Jaikoz was doing with my file for as long as it was doing it, but it parsed it much more quickly this go around.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, this time I was much more aware of what I was doing. It is amazing how many times I recreated the same problem in my attempts.