SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

ID3 Bug in Windows 7

For some reason when I save a file to ID3v1v23 the “title” in the explorer view of Windows 7 shows what looks to be Chinese characters instead of the English names for my songs. Everything is fine in Winamp though…

In order to fix the “title” view in Windows 7 I need to save the songs as ID3v1v24 but my Winamp is not compatible with 2.4.

There are two reasons I am lead to believe the issue is something in Jaikoz:

1. All my songs which I have not edited with Jaikoz are in v2.3 format and show up fine in Windows 7 explorer. It is not until I edit something in Jaikoz that the “title” then becomes screwed up.

2. Also, when I go into Winamp and click on the ID3v1 tag if I click the “Copy to ID3v2” it fixes the problem.

Thoughts?

Please try disabling Preferences : Save : iTunes Compatability : Do not Unsynchronize ID3 Tags, then run File/Force Save on the problem files.

I have the same problem and after playing around with setting found that:

with “Do not unsynch” UN-checked

• using ISO-8859 instead of UTF-16 fixes the tags in Windows, but album art is stilled messed up
  • using UTF-16 makes everything garbled

with “Do not unsynch” checked, encoding seems to make no difference and everything works

Guess I’m leaving “Do not unsynch” checked, even though I had no serious desire to enable any iTunes compatibility. Odd that Windows 7 would have this issue.

I’m having this same issue (in windows 7) in conjunction with this one. I’ve played with the saving options, then force saving. Switching the text encoding settings (as well as the iTunes compatibility one) give me variations of screwed up album art, random Chinese characters, or the disappearance of all the tags. I’ve also switched the folders the files are in to no avail. For now, I’ve remedied the tags (which appear correctly in places other than explorer) with a quick load-and-save in mp3tag, which makes everything appear correctly in explorer (albeit with the loss of detail beyond the year of the album release date).

So, any other suggestions/news?